Last Chance for Best-Ever AMEX Business Platinum 100,000 Point Bonus
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’ve been considering the limited-time 100,000 point offer on the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN card, here’s your last chance to apply!
To earn the bonus, you must apply by January 25, 2017. It’s meant for small business owners, so don’t be intimidated if you don’t have a big company. You can apply using your social security number.
This is the highest public offer I’ve seen for this card. And because folks with this card will now effectively get 2 cents per point when using Pay With Points for ticket purchases through the AMEX travel portal, the sign-up bonus alone is worth $2,300 in paid airfare!
Plus you’ll get perks like an annual $200 statement credit for airline incidentals and free Hilton Gold elite status. It really is a fantastic deal. I’ve added the AMEX Business Platinum to my wallet!
Last Call for the AMEX Business Platinum Card
Through January 25, 2017, you can earn up to 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points with the AMEX Business Platinum card.
You’ll earn 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. And an extra 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within the same timeframe.
That’s a substantial minimum spending requirement. But you can take advantage of Plastiq’s latest promotion to pay rent, mortgage, student loans and more using your AMEX Business Platinum card, to help meet the card’s minimum spending requirements.
You’ll also get perks like:
- Earn 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+
- Get 50% of your points back for ALL First Class or Business Class flights booked through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- Get 50% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food & drink, etc.)
- Access to airport lounges (Delta, Priority Pass, Airspace, and American Express Centurion Lounges)
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Free Hilton HHonors Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available)
- Terms & limitations apply
And although the hefty $450 annual fee is NOT waived the first year, because you can earn the $200 airline incidentals credit each calendar year, you’re effectively only paying $50 ($450 annual fee – $400 total statement credits) in the first year you have the card.
Public offers like this don’t come around very often. Though some folks have recently been targeted for a 75,000 Membership Rewards point sign-up bonus with lesser minimum spending requirements. But I’d suggest applying for this offer if you really want this card.
Check out these posts for more detailed information about the AMEX Business Platinum card:
- Now Get 50% of Your Points Back With AMEX Business Platinum
- I Got Instantly Approved for the 100,000 Point AMEX Business Platinum!
- 15 Things You MUST Do With Your AMEX Business Platinum
- Which Airline Is Best for AMEX Business Platinum Pay With Points?
- Can You Combine AMEX Membership Rewards Points to Get 50% Back on Flights With Pay With Points?
- Selecting an Airline With the AMEX Business Platinum & Why I Chose Southwest
- Do Gift Cards Qualify for the AMEX Business Platinum $200 Annual Airline Credit?
- Which Is Better: Personal AMEX Platinum or Business Platinum?
And these posts for more ideas about using the card’s sign-up bonus:
- Big Travel to Europe With This AMEX 100,000-Point Bonus
- Big Travel With AMEX Membership Rewards Points: – Best Ways to Fly to Hawaii
- What to Do With 75,000 to 100,000 American Express Membership Rewards Points?
- The Best Ways to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points to Fly to the UK
- How to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points to Fly to India
- How to Use AMEX Membership Rewards Points for United Airlines Award Flights
This is a great deal, because 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points is worth up to $2,300 towards air travel booked through the AMEX travel portal when you have the AMEX Business Platinum card. And it’s more than enough points for a round-trip award ticket to Europe, which can be worth much more!
Plus, applying for this card will NOT hurt your chances of being approved for any Chase cards you might want. And Plastiq’s latest promotion makes it easier to meet the card’s minimum spending requirements.
I was excited when I got instantly approved for the card in October.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this better offer for the AMEX Business Platinum card?
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)