Best of Million Mile Secrets – March 2017
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. The Chase Marriott sign-up bonus has never been higher! You’ll earn 100,000 Marriott points after spending $5,000 on purchases. The previous offer was 80,000 Marriott points with a $3,000 minimum spending requirement, so this is a nice improvement!
2. I told you everything you need to know about TSA PreCheck.
4. There’s an improved offer for The Platinum Card from American Express!
The card now comes with 60,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting minimum spending requirements. Plus, the card has new features like $200 in Uber credits per year, and 5X points when you book hotels through AMEX Travel. But the annual fee has been raised to a whopping $550!
6. I showed you a trick to saving miles on domestic tickets (including Hawaii!).
7. Lyn, Million Mile Secrets contributor and author of Go To Travel Gal, explained 8 important things about flying Southwest. She detailed things like seat selection and space, no cancellation or change fees, and free in-flight entertainment.
8. Million Mile Secrets team member Keith told us about his negative experience with National Car rental. And how he resolved the situation!
9. I explained why the limited-time 35,000 Starwood points offer on the AMEX Starwood card is worth more than the the limited-time 100,000 Hilton points offer with the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass card!coach and Business Class flights to Europe, as well as cheap flights to the Caribbean & Mexico, London & Paris, Iceland. And even an award sale to Europe!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)