How Couples Can Get Big Travel With Ritz-Carlton Card
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Besides the sign-up bonus, the card has many other ongoing perks like Gold elite status, a $100 hotel credit on paid Ritz-Carlton stays of 2+ nights, and a $100 discount on multi-passenger domestic round-trip flights. That’s why couples who enjoy stays at Ritz-Carlton hotels can earn Big Travel with the Ritz-Carlton card!
And traveling couples does NOT just mean your spouse or partner. You can still get the most out of the terrific card benefits if you travel with a best friend, sibling, or parent.
I’ll explain why the Ritz-Carlton card is great for traveling couples to keep in their wallet!
Chase Ritz-Carlton Card Offer
Link: Chase Ritz-Carlton
You’ll also earn:
- 10,000 Ritz-Carlton points when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months of account opening
- 5X points at Ritz-Carlton and Marriott hotels
- 2X points on flights purchased directly from airline, rental cars, and restaurants
- Upgrade to the Ritz-Carlton Club Level 3 times annually on paid stays up to 7 nights
- $300 annual travel credit to use for qualifying airline purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees and preferred lounge memberships or passes
- $100 discount on multi-passenger, domestic round-trip itineraries purchased through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit – with no limit on the number of times you can use the discount
- Priority Pass Select for access to airport lounges
- $100 hotel credit for dining, spa or other recreational activities with each paid stay of 2 nights or longer at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry
- Gold elite status at Ritz-Carlton & Marriott (after the first year you have to spend $10,000 on the card to keep Gold status)
- Platinum elite status if you spend $75,000+ in a year
- 10% bonus points premium earned through card purchases each calendar year
The card has a $450 annual fee, which is NOT waived for the first year. But it can be offset by the $300 annual travel credit and Global Entry credit.Note: Unlike many other Chase cards, even if you’ve opened 5+ new cards in the past 24 months, you’re still eligible for the Chase Ritz-Carlton card.
Why Ritz-Carlton Is Great for Couples
Ritz-Carlton is a smaller hotel chain. But many of their hotels are very luxurious and in great locations. And the hotels are known for amazing service!
Overall, the hotel chain ranks highest by customers. According to the J.D. Power 2016 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Study, Ritz-Carlton had the highest satisfaction score of any hotel brand in the last 20 years.
Here’s my series on top hotels you can use the Ritz-Carlton card’s 3 complimentary nights:
- 5 Fantastic Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Europe
- 5 Excellent Ritz-Carlton Hotels in the US
- 4 Top Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America
- 5 Outstanding Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Asia
And if you have a special occasion like an anniversary, birthday, or honeymoon, you could splurge and stay at the most luxurious Ritz-Carlton Tier 5 hotels, which cost 70,000 Ritz-Carlton points per night.
This includes The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, which is just steps from the city’s magnificent 843-acre park.
For a stay, you could use 10,000 Ritz-Carlton points from the authorized user bonus and transfer the remaining points from a Chase Ultimate Rewards account.
But you don’t have to break the bank or use lots of points to stay at Ritz-Carlton hotels. If you enjoy the Ritz-Carlton luxury experience, you can stay at more affordable Tier 2 hotels when you travel.
Ritz-Carlton Card Perks for Couples
Authorized User Benefits
If you’re a new Chase Ritz-Carlton cardholder, you can earn 10,000 Ritz-Carlton bonus points by adding an authorized user to your account and making your first purchase (of any amount) within the first 3 months.
You’ll also build up points from your authorized user’s spending. And you can use these points towards a free night at Ritz-Carlton or Marriott hotels because they share the same guest program.Marriott hotels include:
- AC Hotels by Marriott
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Bulgari Hotels
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Delta Hotels
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott
- Gaylord Hotels
- JW Marriott
- Marriott Executive Apartments
- Marriott Hotels
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Moxy Hotels
- Protea Hotels
- Renaissance Hotels
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Springhill Suites by Marriott
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott
Card Statement Credits & Discounts
There are 4 credits you can use with Chase Ritz-Carlton card to benefit you and your travel partner.
1. $300 Annual Travel Credit
You can use the annual travel credit for qualifying airline purchases when you travel with your partner, even overseas. These include:
- Airline lounge passes
- Baggage fees
- In-flight entertainment & Wi-Fi
- In-flight meals
- Seat upgrades
Remember the travel credit works on a calendar year. So you can earn the $300 by the end of 2016 and again in early 2017.
2. $100 Airfare Discount Through Visa Infinite
The great part is you can use the discount as many times as you’d like.
This can be an easy way to save $100 when you’re paying for airfare for you and a partner.
3. $100 Ritz-Carlton Hotel Credit
At participating Ritz-Carlton hotels, you can earn a $100 credit towards dining, spa, or other recreational activities with each paid stay of 2 nights or longer.
This can be a great perk for couples because you’ll save money on dining expenses you’d normally pay for anyway.
4. Global Entry Credit
The Ritz-Carlton card offers a $100 statement credit for Global Entry. This benefit doesn’t have to be used by the primary cardholder.
For example, you may have had Global Entry before you received the Ritz-Carlton card. But if your spouse does not, you could pay for his or her Global Entry with your Ritz-Carlton card and earn the statement credit. This way both you and your partner can travel through security and immigration lines faster!
Plus, with Global Entry, you’ll normally avoid long airport security lines with TSA PreCheck.
Enjoy Your Travel Experience With Elite Status and Airport Lounge Access
The Ritz-Carlton card comes with perks that can make your travel experience memorable from beginning to end.
- 25% bonus points on stays
- 4:00 pm guaranteed late check-out at most Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels
- Free breakfast and lounge access at participating executive lounges
- Room upgrades (if available)
Apply for the Card Along With Your Partner for the Trip of a Lifetime
Because the perks of the Ritz-Carlton card are so fantastic, you and your partner could apply separately for the card to get double the benefits.
With 2 cards, you’d get:
- 6 complimentary nights at Tier 1 to 4 Ritz-Carlton hotels
- $600 annual travel credit on qualifying annual purchases
With 2 cards, the 6 complimentary nights could save you more than $5,000 on Ritz-Carlton stays depending which hotel you choose. This could be a great way to celebrate an anniversary trip or honeymoon!
Keep in mind, you’ll also have to pay two $450 annual fees. So check the math to see if getting 2 cards makes sense.
Bottom Line on the Ritz Carlton CardCouples who enjoy Big Travel at luxurious Ritz-Carlton hotels can get great perks with the Chase Ritz-Carlton card. If your travel companion becomes your authorized user, you’ll get 10,000 Ritz-Carlton bonus points to use towards free nights.
And the card comes with travel credits you and your travel partner can use such as a $300 annual travel credit, $100 hotel credit at Ritz-Carlton hotels, and $100 airfare discount on multi-passenger itineraries booked through Visa Infinite.
Do you stay at Ritz-Carlton hotels as a couple? What perks do you enjoy?
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)