Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Along with the 3 complimentary nights and many other great benefits you’ll earn with the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, you’ll get a $100 discount on certain flights you purchase using the card’s Visa Infinite benefits.
And you can use the discount an unlimited number of times!
This can save you money, especially if you regularly book paid domestic flights!
Save Money on Flights Using Visa Infinite Benefits With Your Ritz-Carlton Card
Link: Chase Ritz-Carlton Card
With the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, you’ll earn 3 complimentary nights at participating Ritz-Carlton tier 1 through 4 hotels after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
You’ll also get:
- 10,000 Ritz-Carlton points when you add an authorized user and make a purchase within the first 3 months of account opening
- 5X points at Ritz-Carlton and Marriott hotels
- 2X points on flights purchased directly from airline, rental cars, and restaurants
- Upgrade to the Ritz-Carlton Club Level 3 times annually on paid stays up to 7 nights
- $300 annual travel credit to use for qualifying airline purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees and preferred lounge memberships or passes
- $100 discount on multi-passenger, domestic round-trip itineraries purchased through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit – with no limit on the number of times you can use the discount
- Priority Pass Select for access to airport lounges
- $100 hotel credit for dining, spa or other recreational activities with each paid stay of 2 nights or longer at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels
- $100 statement credit for Global Entry
- Gold elite status at Ritz-Carlton & Marriott (after the first year you have to spend $10,000 on the card to keep Gold status)
- Platinum elite status if you spend $75,000+ in a year
- 10% bonus points premium earned through card purchases each calendar year
The $450 annual fee is NOT waived the first year. You can read my full review of the card here.
That’s a lot of great perks, but I want to share more about the discount air benefit.
Details of the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
With the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, you’ll get a $100 discount on domestic, round-trip itineraries for 2 to 5 passengers when you book through the Visa Infinite travel portal and use your Chase Ritz-Carlton card.
You can use this benefit as many times as you want, but the primary cardholder MUST be 1 of the passengers on the itinerary.
Other details of this perk include:
- The discount is per itinerary, NOT per ticket
- Tickets must be purchased at least 1 day in advance
- You can book your tickets up to 11 months before your departure date
- Bookings are non-refundable.
- This perk can NOT be combined with any other offer, like upgrades, student fares, internet fares, and award tickets
- This perk will NOT work for one-way tickets or open-jaw flights, and stopovers are NOT allowed
The $100 discount is automatically applied, so you don’t have to fool with calling anyone or tracking down a statement credit. And you’ll even earn frequent flyer miles for your flights!
Note: Tickets within the US, including Alaska and Hawaii, will qualify for the discount. But flights to US territories, like Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, will not.
Which Airlines Are Included?
Most major US airlines will show up in the Visa Infinite travel portal, like:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin America
And most of the discount airlines are NOT included, like:
- Frontier Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
So while you can’t use this perk for cheap flights on discount airlines like Southwest, it could still be useful for less expensive, short-distance, tickets on airlines like Delta and United Airlines.
Or even on more expensive tickets, because I’d certainly rather save something than nothing!
Just remember, it’s worth comparing prices between the Visa Infinite travel portal and other sites, to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Even though folks have reported seeing the same prices on the airlines’ sites and sites like Google Flights.
Because sometimes it still might make more sense to fly with a discount airline. Especially if you have the Southwest Companion Pass.
That said, this perk could really offer amazing savings for multiple cheap round-trip flights!
Bottom Line on Using Visa Infinite Benefits for Airfare
With the Chase Ritz-Carlton card, you’ll get a $100 discount on domestic, round-trip itineraries for 2 to 5 passengers when you book through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit site using your Chase Ritz-Carlton card. And use the discount as many times as you’d like!
The savings can really add up, especially if usually pay for a lot of short-haul flights or can’t use miles & points for your tickets.
When searching for flights through the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit site, you’ll have the option to book with most major US airlines
. But low-cost airlines like Southwest and Allegiant are NOT included.
Just remember to compare prices between the Visa Infinite portal and other booking sites to make sure you’re getting the best deal!
Have you used the Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit site? Let me know in the comments!