Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Bank of America, Barclaycard, Chase, Citi, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Emily: The Spa Grande is the nicest spa I have been to after the baths in Budapest, Hungary. The Spa Grande is the largest spa in Hawaii and had a variety of Roman tub, saunas, cascading waterfalls, Swiss jet showers, a Japanese furo and five specialty baths.
The Spa Grande is expensive, but you can save 20% by buying Spa Finder gift certificates from Costco online or in the store. Here’s a link to the treatment menu.
Trip Report Index:
- Introduction and Planning
- Alaska Airlines First Class & Getting Locked Out of Our Car!
- Hyatt Regency Maui, Ocean Suite
- Hyatt Regency Maui
- Eating Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Activities Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Hyatt Regency Maui Ocean Front Room
- Grand Wailea – Terrace View Room
- The Grand Wailea
- Grand Wailea Spa
- Eating Around the Grand Wailea
- Activities Around the Grand Wailea
- The Road to Hana
- United Flight From Hawaii
- Blog Giveaway & Conclusion
Grand Wailea Spa
The Spa lobby is very grande and perhaps a bit overdone. There were too many statues of gods and goddesses.
Daraius requested an aromatherapy massage, and I requested a Shiatsu massage. I’ve never had a Shiatsu massage before, but always love when masseuses apply pressure to my pressure points—it’s so relaxing!
It normally costs $60 for a 2 hour visit to just the spa area, but you get to use the spa facilities for 1 hour complimentary if you have scheduled a treatment. I made a spa appointment and went 1 hour and 15 minutes early for my appointment. I was glad I arrived early so that I didn’t feed rushed before my massage.
Inside, there are cascading waterfall showers to relax and massage your shoulders and neck.
There were hot and cold plunges to improve circulation.
The Hydrotherapy area was bathing suit optional, but most people wore their swimsuits. If you forgot your bathing suit and don’t want to go in without one, the Grand Wailea Spa sells disposable bathing suits.
Also, there are five specialty baths with various natural oils and minerals to pamper your skin. I loved trying all five of them!
Daraius: I stayed far away from these different colored baths and sat on the porch gazing into the ocean!
Emily: Here’s a close up view of the specialty baths.
Before long, I heard my name being called and it was time for my massage. Shiatsu is a dry massage with no oils or lotions. The masseuse used her hands to firmly apply pressure and massage my pressure points. It was extremely relaxing and worth the splurge for me!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never missanother trip report!