Spring Break To Maui: Flying Back From Maui
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Grand Wailea and Hawaii. We drove to the airport, checked-in, and went through security. Trip Report Index:
- Introduction and Planning
- Alaska Airlines First Class & Getting Locked Out of Our Car!
- Hyatt Regency Maui, Ocean Suite
- Hyatt Regency Maui
- Eating Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Activities Around the Hyatt Regency Maui
- Hyatt Regency Maui Ocean Front Room
- Grand Wailea – Terrace View Room
- The Grand Wailea
- Grand Wailea Spa
- Eating Around the Grand Wailea
- Activities Around the Grand Wailea
- The Road to Hana
- United Flight From Hawaii
- Blog Giveaway & Conclusion
Daraius booked us in First Class on United using United miles. But it was a short flight and we wished we’d flown in coach and saved the miles instead!
Each seat had a small built-in TV on the back of the seat in front of it.
There was a built-in remote control.
Daraius didn’t want to go back to reality!
While we were waiting for take-off, we were served drinks in small plastic cups.
Soon we took off, and it was time for the warm nuts.
Daraius and I had steak with garlic red skin potatoes and mixed vegetables. I loved the mashed potatoes!
For dessert, we had caramel (my favorite) and strawberry (Daraius’ favorite) ice cream sundaes. Yum!
We stayed overnight at the Hyatt Place LAX El Segundo and then took a Southwest flight back to Kansas City the next morning.
We had a wonderful first trip to Hawaii – thanks to miles & points – and can’t wait to go back!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)