Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Did you miss out on the highest-ever offers from the American Express Hilton cards earlier this year? Here’s another chance to get in on the deal!
Via Doctor of Credit, after meeting minimum spending requirements, you’ll earn 100,000 Hilton points with the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express or 75,000 Hilton points with the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express.
To earn the higher sign-up bonus, you must apply by November 30, 2016.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for these offers, but we’ll always share the best deals with our readers!
I’ll remind you of the offers and how you can use the points for stays at terrific Hilton hotels!
Better Offers for AMEX Hilton Cards
Until November 30, 2016, you’ll earn the highest sign-up bonuses ever with the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express and Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express.
I’ve had a different link for the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express on our Hot Deals page with the same offer, but now it’s been extended. Remember to check Hot Deals for all the latest offers!
Hilton hotels include Conrad, Canopy, Curio, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations, Home2Suites, Homewood Suites, Tru, and Waldorf Astoria brand hotels.
Remember, you can only earn the sign-up bonus from AMEX cards once, per person, per lifetime. But you can earn the bonus from each card because they’re considered different card products. And there are plenty of ways to earn Hilton points!
1. AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass
You’ll earn 100,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass.
And you’ll also get:
- Free Hilton Gold Elite status (free breakfast at certain hotels, upgrades when available)
- Free Hilton Diamond Elite status when you spend more than $40,000 in a calendar year (better upgrades)
- 12 points for every $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 6 points per $1 you spend at US restaurants, supermarkets & gas stations
- 3 points per $1 you spend on everything else
- Terms and limitations apply
The annual fee of $75 is NOT waived for the first year.
This isn’t a good card to use overseas, because it adds a ~3% foreign transaction fee. But it’s an excellent choice for folks who have a lot of paid stays, because it earns the most points at Hilton hotels.
Check out these posts for more ideas on how to use the bonus:
- 5 Hotels for Friends Traveling Together With the 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass Bonus
- 5 Great Hotels for Family Travel With the 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass Bonus
- 5 Fantastic Hotels in Europe You Can Book With the Limited-Time 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass Bonus
- 5 Excellent Hotels in the US You Can Book With the 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass Bonus
- 5 Outstanding Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico You Can Book With the 100,000 AMEX Hilton Surpass Bonus
2. AMEX Hilton Honors
With the AMEX Hilton Honors card, you’ll earn 75,000 Hilton points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
This card is a great pick if you don’t pay for stays at Hilton hotels frequently or prefer a card with NO annual fee.
You’ll also get:
- 7 Hilton points per $1 spent at most Hilton hotels
- 5 Hilton points per $1 spent at US gas stations, US restaurants, and US supermarkets
- 3 Hilton points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free Hilton Silver elite status (late check-out, 2 free bottles of water, and 15% points bonus on Hilton points earned)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and better upgrades) after spending $20,000 in a calendar year
- Terms & limitations apply
There’s NO annual fee, which makes it a good card to keep long-term to increase the average age of your accounts and potentially boost your credit score.
The limited-time highest-ever sign-up bonuses on the AMEX Hilton cards have returned! But to get these offers, you must apply by November 30, 2016.
You’ll earn 100,000 Hilton points with the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express or 75,000 Hilton points with the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express after meeting minimum spending requirements.
Remember, AMEX only allows folks to earn the sign-up bonus on their cards once, per person, per lifetime. So if you haven’t yet had these cards, it’s a good time to apply?
We don’t earn a penny from these offers, but Emily and I will always tell you about the best deals.
Let me know which Hilton hotel you’d book with the sign-up bonus!