Flying Blue Promo Awards: Premium Economy to Europe for under 32,000 miles each way
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This month’s Flying Blue Promo Awards don’t feature any business-class deals between Europe and North America, but you can still pick up discounted premium economy and economy awards. The list of North American cities available this month is more skimpy than usual and includes only Seattle, Washington D.C. and Mexico City.
If you’re traveling from the U.S. west coast and can easily get to Seattle there are solid deals in Premium Economy. The cheapest flights are available when you’re connecting through Amsterdam or Paris to other destinations in Europe. You’ll need to book these flights by Mar. 31, 2020, for travel from May 1 – June 30, 2020.
Flying Blue Promo Awards
The Flying Blue Promo Awards offer a monthly rotating list of discounted award destinations for the Flying Blue airlines — KLM and Air France. Each month has discounts of up to 50% on specific classes of service to/from certain cities. Flying Blue also has Special Edition Promo Awards, which are deals it occasionally releases in addition to the monthly promotion.
This promotion can be an especially lucrative way to use your transferrable points when there is a transfer bonus to Flying Blue, unfortunately there are no current transfer bonuses.
March Flying Blue Promo Awards
Book by: Mar. 31, 2020
Travel dates: May 1 – June 30, 2020
Terms and restrictions: Promo awards are valid for one-way or round-trip flights and cannot be changed, canceled or refunded.
Discounted award flights to North America are available to/from Europe and:
- Washington in economy from 16,125 miles each way
- Mexico City in Premium Economy from 31,875 miles each way
- Seattle in premium economy from 31,875 miles each way
Watch out for the taxes and fees for Flying Blue awards because they are on the higher side. The fees on your award will be higher returning from Europe and you can expect fees to fall in these ranges for each class of service:
- Economy – $230 round-trip
- Premium economy – $369 round-trip
- Business class – $550 round-trip
This sale also covers many other routes worldwide, so take a look at the promotion page to see if anything interests you.
How to Earn Flying Blue miles
Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest miles to earn because you can quickly and easily transfer miles to Flying Blue from these transferable points programs:
Some of the best card offers to earn transferrable points with these programs (so you’re ready for the next edition of Promo Awards) are:
- American Express®️ Green Card – 30,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Terms apply.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – Limited time offer: Earn up to 100,000 bonus Capital One miles after you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 75,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases with your new card in the first six months of account opening. Terms apply.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening. Plus earn a $50 statement credit on grocery purchases in the first year of account opening.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card – 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by KITTIKUN YOKSAP/Shutterstock).
|For more miles and points news, deals and analysis sign up for our newsletter here.|
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)