Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
This month’s Flying Blue Promo Awards feature deals between Europe and North America for business class, premium economy and economy. The North American cities featured this month are Boston, Calgary, Toronto and Mexico City and in some cases it may be worth booking a cheap position flight to those cities. You can find cheaper flights than advertised depending on the destination, so don’t limit your search to just Amsterdam or Paris.
You’ll need to book these flights by Feb. 29, 2020, for travel from Apr. 1 – May 31, 2020.
Flying Blue Promo Awards
The Flying Blue Promo Awards offer a monthly rotating list of discounted award destinations for the Flying Blue airlines —KLM and Air France. Each month has discounts of up to 50% on specific classes of service to/from certain cities. Flying Blue also has Special Edition Promo Awards, which are deals it occasionally releases in addition to the monthly promotion.
This promotion can be an especially lucrative way to use your transferrable points when there is a transfer bonus to Flying Blue, unfortunately there are no current transfer bonuses.
February Flying Blue Promo Awards
Book by: Feb. 29, 2020
Travel dates: Apr. 1 – May 31, 2020
Terms and restrictions: Promo awards are valid for one-way or round-trip flights and cannot be changed, canceled or refunded.
Discounted award flights to North America are available to/from Europe and:
- Boston in economy for 50% off (11,500 miles each way)
- Boston in premium economy for 25% off (43,125 miles each way)
- Calgary in business class for 25% off (43,375 miles each way)
- Mexico City in premium economy for 50% off (28,750 miles each way)
- Toronto in business class for 25% off (45,000 miles each way)
Watch out for the taxes and fees for Flying Blue awards because they are high and often you can find cheap cash fares to Europe (especially over the winter). The fees on your award will be higher returning from Europe. You can expect fees to fall in these ranges for each class of service:
- Economy – $230 round-trip
- Premium economy – $369 round-trip
- Business class – $550 round-trip
This sale also covers many other routes worldwide, so take a look at the promotion page to see if anything interests you. Also, you can often find cheaper prices than advertised by connecting through Paris or Amsterdam. From Boston you can fly to other cities in Europe, like Munich, for under 11,000 miles one-way in economy or 42,500 miles one-way in premium economy.
If you’re looking for business-class deals from Toronto or Calgary, I found prices as low as 39,750 one-way to a bunch of destinations.
How to Earn Flying Blue miles
Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest miles to earn because you can quickly and easily transfer miles to Flying Blue from these transferable points programs:
Some of the best card offers to earn transferrable points with these programs (so you’re ready for the next edition of Promo Awards) are:
- American Express®️ Green Card – 30,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Terms apply.
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – 50,000 bonus Capital One miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases with your new card in the first three months. Terms apply.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card – 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
|For more miles and points news, deals and analysis sign up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by KITTIKUN YOKSAP/Shutterstock).