Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
This month’s Flying Blue Promo Awards feature deals between Europe and North America in business class, premium economy and economy. Compared to last month’s Promo Awards, there are similarly priced deals in business class and much better prices in economy and premium economy. Also, the U.S. cities featured this month are better than before with Chicago, New York, Minneapolis, Washington D.C. and Boston on the list.
You’ll need to book these flights by Dec. 31st 2019, for travel from Jan. 31st 2020-Mar. 30th 2020.
Flying Blue Promo Awards
The Flying Blue Promo Awards offer a monthly rotating list of discounted award destinations for the Flying Blue airlines —KLM and Air France. Each month has discounts of up to 50% on specific classes of service to/from certain cities.
Flying Blue also has Special Edition Promo Awards, which are deals it occasionally releases in addition to the monthly promotion.
This promotion can be an especially lucrative way to use your transferrable points when there is an Amex transfer bonus to Flying Blue, unfortunately the most recent bonus expired last month.
October Flying Blue Promo Awards
Book by: Dec. 31st 2019
Travel dates: Jan. 31st 2020 to Mar. 30th 2020
Terms and restrictions: Promo awards are valid for one-way or round-trip flights and cannot be changed, canceled or refunded.
Discounted award flights to North America are available to/from Europe and:
- Boston in economy for 50% off (11,500 miles each way)
- Calgary in business class for 25% off (45,375 miles each way)
- Chicago in economy for 50% off (11,000 miles each way)
- Chicago in premium economy for 50% off (21,250 miles each way)
- Chicago in business class for 25% off (43,500 miles each way)
- Edmonton in business class for 50% off (30,500 miles each way)
- Mexico City in premium economy for 50% off (28,750 miles each way)
- Minneapolis in business class for 25% off (54,000 miles each way)
- New York in premium economy for 50% off (22,750 miles each way)
- Toronto in business class for 25% off (45,000 miles each way)
- Washington in economy for 50% off (13,750 miles each way)
- Washington in premium economy for 50% off (26,750 miles each way)
Watch out for the taxes and fees for Flying Blue awards because they are high and often you can find cheap cash fares to Europe (especially over the winter). The fees on your award will be higher returning from Europe. You can expect fees to fall in these ranges for each class of service:
- Economy – $230 round-trip
- Premium economy – $369 round-trip
- Business class – $550 round-trip
This sale also covers many other routes worldwide and throughout Europe, so it’s worth checking out the promotion page and doing a little research to see if anything interests you because you can find prices cheaper than advertised.
You could fly Washington D.C. to Rome for 2,250 miles less than advertised:
The prices vary depending on the specific cities you’re flying to/from, so take a second to research your dream destinations.
How to Earn Flying Blue miles
Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest miles to earn because you can quickly and easily transfer miles to Flying Blue from these transferable points programs:
Some of the best card offers to earn transferrable points with these programs (so you’re ready for the next edition of Promo Awards) are:
- American Express®️ Green Card – Through Jan. 15th 2020, earn Up to $100 in statement credits for eligible purchases from Away made within the first three months of account opening. You can also earn a bonus of 30,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Terms apply.
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – 50,000 bonus Capital One miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases with your new card in the first three months. Terms apply.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card – 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
|For more miles and points news, deals and analysis sign up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by KITTIKUN YOKSAP/Shutterstock).