Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
This month’s Flying Blue Promo Awards feature deals between Europe and North America in business class from 29,000 miles each way and premium economy starting at 28,750 miles each way. If you combine this month’s Promo Awards with the 25% Amex transfer bonus you’d only need 47,000 Amex points to fly round-trip to Europe in business class.
You’ll need to book these flights by Nov. 30th 2019, for travel from Jan. 1st 2020-Feb. 29th 2020.
Flying Blue Promo Awards
The Flying Blue Promo Awards offer a monthly rotating list of discounted award destinations for the Flying Blue airlines —KLM and Air France. Each month has discounts of up to 50% on specific classes of service to/from certain cities.
Flying Blue also has Special Edition Promo Awards, which are deals it occasionally releases in addition to the monthly promotion.
This promotion can be an especially lucrative way to use your transferrable points when there is an Amex transfer bonus and right now (through Nov. 30, 2019) you can transfer Amex points to Flying Blue with a 25% bonus, so you’ll get 1,250 Flying Blue miles for every 1,000 Amex Membership Rewards points you transfer.
October Flying Blue Promo Awards
Book by: Nov. 30th 2019
Travel dates: Jan. 1st 2020-Feb. 29th 2020
Terms and restrictions: Promo awards are valid for one-way or round-trip flights and cannot be changed, canceled or refunded.
Discounted award flights to North America are available to/from Europe and:
- Chicago in business class for 29,000 miles each way
- Houston in economy for 21,750 miles each way
- Houston in premium economy for 43,125 miles each way
- Mexico City in business class 48,750 miles each way
- Minneapolis in economy 14,500 miles each way
- Vancouver in premium economy for 28,750 miles each way
Watch out for the taxes and fees for Flying Blue awards because they are high and often you can find cheap cash fares to Europe (especially over the winter). The fees on your award will be higher returning from Europe. You can expect fees to fall in these ranges for each class of service:
- Economy – $230 round-trip
- Premium economy – $369 round-trip
- Business class – $550 round-trip
This sale also covers many other routes worldwide and throughout Europe, so it’s worth checking out the promotion page and doing a little research to see if anything interests you.
How to Earn Flying Blue miles
Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest miles to earn because you can quickly and easily transfer miles to Flying Blue from these transferable points programs:
Some of the best card offers to earn transferrable points with these programs (so you’re ready for the next edition of Promo Awards) are:
- American Express®️ Green Card – Through Jan. 15th 2020, earn Up to $100 in statement credits for eligible purchases from Away. You can also earn a bonus of 30,000 Amex Membership Rewards Points after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening. Terms apply.
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months from account opening
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $5,000 on purchases with your new card in the first three months. Terms apply.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card – Limited time offer: 100,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
|For more credit card news, deals and analysis sign up for our newsletter here.|