Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Through January 25, 2017, the sign-up bonus on The Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN has increased to up to 100,000 bonus AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements.
I applied for the card yesterday and was instantly approved! 🙂
Here’s more about why I decided to get the AMEX Business Platinum card!
My AMEX Business Platinum Application
The current sign-up bonus is for 100,000 American Express Membership Rewards points with the AMEX Business Platinum card.
You’ll earn 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. And an extra 50,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases within the same timeframe.
Why I Submitted My AMEX Business Platinum Application Now
The normal sign-up bonus is 40,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points. Because you can only earn the bonus once per lifetime on AMEX cards and I’ve never had this card, I figured it was a great time to grab the 100,000-point bonus.
Note that you can get the bonus, once per lifetime for the personal version, and once per lifetime for the business version.
But my main reason for applying was to get 50% points back for Pay With Points tickets through AMEX’s travel portal. That’s like getting 2 cents per point when I redeem for flights booked through the AMEX portal.
If you’re considering this card, know that AMEX small business cards are relatively easy to get. As long as you’re operating a for-profit business (even if you have very low income), you can qualify for an AMEX small business card!
With my new AMEX Business Platinum card, I’ll also earn:
- Earn 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+
- Get 50% of your points back for ALL First Class or Business Class flights booked through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- Get 50% of your points back for all flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the AMEX travel portal using Pay With Points
- $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food & drink, etc.)
- Access to airport lounges (Delta, Priority Pass, Airspace, and American Express Centurion Lounges)
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Free Hilton HHonors & Starwood hotel Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available)
- Terms & limitations apply
Although the $450 annual fee is NOT waived the first year (or is it?), you can get LOTS of Big Travel with the sign-up bonus alone.
AMEX Business Cards Do NOT Get in the Way of Future Chase Card Applications
Another factor that made this an easy decision for me is that the AMEX Business Platinum card does NOT count towards Chase’s 5/24 rule. That’s because AMEX business cards will not show up on my personal credit report.
So opening this card won’t hinder my chances of being approved for Chase cards down the line.
I’m thrilled to be instantly approved for the AMEX Business Platinum card, so I’ll earn 100,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points after meeting the tiered minimum spending requirements. That’s more than double the usual sign-up bonus of 40,000 AMEX Membership rewards points!
Plus, applying for this card will NOT hurt my chances of being approved for any Chase cards I might want.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this better offer for the AMEX Business Platinum card? Let me know in the comments!