Amex Centurion lounge locations and how to get in
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
While most of the Centurion Lounges remain closed due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, American Express recently announced that two lounges would reopen. So, we’re hopeful that more locations will continue to reopen in the coming months.
In the meantime, we wanted to give you a rundown of the full list of Centurion Lounge locations and how you can access to these fantastic spaces (Hint: It’s all about having the right credit card). That way, you’ll be ready when you decide to start traveling again!
Amex Centurion Lounge locations
Airports with Centurion Lounges include:
- Charlotte (CLT)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Houston Intercontinental (IAH)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- New York-La Guardia (LGA)
- Philadelphia (PHL) — Opening Oct. 5
- Phoenix (PHX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) — Opening Oct. 5
- Denver (DEN)
- London (LHR)
- New York (JFK)
How to get into Centurion Lounges
Amex Platinum cardholders (personal or small business) get exclusive and complimentary access to Centurion Lounges. Upon entry, you must present a valid ID, boarding pass, showing same-day flight and your eligible Amex Platinum card.
There are only a few cards that will give you access to Centurion Lounges:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz (no longer available to new applicants)
- American Express Centurion Card (invitation only)
With one of these cards, you and two guests can access the lounge for free. You’ll have to pay $50 per person for a day pass to bring any additional guests, even if they’re an immediate family member.
As an Amex Business Platinum cardholder, Million Mile Secrets team member Meghan has been to four AMEX Centurion Lounges. She’s consistently had pleasant experiences at the lounges during all times of the day and night. And she especially loves that just being a cardholder ends up saving her and her family money because she doesn’t have to pay for overpriced airport food and drinks.
AMEX Centurion Lounges are known to be clean and comfortable. And because of several guest policy changes, you’re less likely to experience overcrowding at Centurion lounges, which many Million Mile Secrets readers have noted to be an issue at Priority Pass lounges.
Centurion Lounge benefits
For some AMEX Platinum cardholders, just the complimentary Centurion Lounge access alone can make the card worth keeping because of the lounge amenities like:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Lounge pods
- Computer workspaces with printers
- Large flat-screen televisions
- Premium cocktail bar
- Buffet style dining at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Centurion Lounges have open-air kitchens with chefs preparing hot meals for guests. The menus are always changing, but here’s an example of the dinner that was available when MMS writer Keith last visited the lounge in Las Vegas:
- Fried chicken in Scotch bonnet hot sauce
- Wild rice
- Bruschetta with fresh tomato & mozzarella
- Brussel sprouts
- Salad and vegetable side dishes
- Chocolate chip cookies
The Centurion Lounge in San Francisco even has an automated wine-tasting wall. There is a sizeable self-serve drink station too, with an espresso machine and iced drinks.
Don’t forget about the long list of other Amex Platinum perks
The ongoing statement credits, valuable welcome bonuses, and transferable points are great perks of the Amex Platinum cards.
The personal and small business versions of the Amex Platinum each come with:
- Up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year for airline incidentals with your selected airline (luggage fees, in-flight food & drink, etc.)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and upgrades when available) (Enrollment required for select benefits.)
- Free Marriott Bonvoy Gold elite status ( Enrollment required for select benefits.)
- Statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
There are unique perks with each version of the card too!
With the Amex Platinum card, you can:
- Earn 5x Amex Membership Rewards points for booking flights directly through the airline with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5x Amex Membership Rewards points prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel
- Earn up to $200 in annual U.S. Uber credits per calendar year (with some restrictions).
And Amex Business Platinum cardholders get these exclusive benefits:
- Earn 1.5X AMEX Membership Rewards points on single purchases of $5,000+ (up to 1 million points per calendar year)
- Get 35% of your points back for flights, ALL first class or business class flights, including coach tickets, booked with your selected airline through the Amex travel portal using Pay With Points (up to 500,000 points back per calendar year)
The personal version of the Amex Platinum card has a $695 annual fee (See Rates & Fees), and the small business version has a $595 annual fee (See Rates & Fees). Neither annual fee is waived the first year. But the statement credits, lounge access, and valuable welcome bonuses can make paying the annual fee worth it!
At these lounges, you can enjoy terrific perks, like tasty buffet-style meals and premium cocktails. And cardholders can bring along two guests for free to experience the benefits too!
What has your experience been with Centurion Lounges? Let us know in the comments below!
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, please click here.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)