Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Looking for more Hilton points?
Via Running With Miles, the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express now comes with 2 improved sign-up bonuses. You can earn either 60,000 Hilton points, or 50,000 Hilton points and a $50 statement credit after meeting the minimum spending requirement.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission for these offers, but if we find a good deal, we’ll always tell you about it!
I’ll help you decide which offer is better!
Better Offers for the Hilton AMEX Card
I like the Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express because it has NO annual fee and it’s an easy way to increase your Hilton points balance. And keeping no-annual-fee cards for the long term will likely help boost your credit score)
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 7 Hilton points per $1 spent at most Hilton hotels
- 5 Hilton points per $1 spent at US gas stations, US restaurants, and US supermarkets
- 3 Hilton points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free Hilton Silver elite status (late check-out, 2 free bottles of water, and 15% points bonus on Hilton points earned)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and better upgrades) after spending $20,000 in a calendar year
- Terms & limitations apply
But, it also has a ~3% foreign transaction fee, so it’s NOT a good card to use overseas. 🙁
The Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express normally comes with 50,000 Hilton points after you spend $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. But now, there are 2 much better offers for the card!
1. 60,000 Bonus Points
To get the 60,000 Hilton point sign-up bonus, visit this page to find the link. And click through to the offer!
You’ll earn 60,000 Hilton points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
This is 10,000 points higher than my link for the 50,000 point offer. So it’s a good deal!
2. 50,000 Bonus Points + $50 Statement Credit
To get the 50,000 Hilton points with a $50 statement credit after your first purchase, go to the Hilton website. You’ll need to begin booking a reservation, and fill out all the information until you arrive at the “Payment” page. You’ll see the offer in a box next to the “Payment Information” section.
You do NOT have to reserve a room. Just click the offer and exit the Hilton website.
Note: AMEX restricts folks to earning 1 sign-up bonus per card, per lifetime. So choose carefully, because you can only get 1 of these bonuses.
Also, neither of these 2 offers are the highest we’ve seen for this card. So if you don’t need Hilton points immediately, it might be a good idea to wait for a better bonus.
Which Deal Is Better?
Hilton points are generally worth about ~0.5 cents each. So at first glance, the extra 10,000 Hilton points you’ll get with the first offer is about the same as the $50 statement credit of the second offer (0.5 cents per point X 10,000 Hilton points).
However, it’s possible to get much more value from your Hilton points. For example, with 10,000 Hilton points you can stay at a category 1 hotel for 2 nights. Or a category 2 hotel for 1 night. And that’s almost certainly more than $50!
Want More Hilton Points?
- Hilton HHonors™ Surpass® Card from American Express – Earn 100,000 Hilton points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months of account opening
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card – Earn 2 weekend night certificates good at select hotels & resorts within the Hilton portfolio after you spend $2,500 on purchases within 4 months of account opening. Plus a $100 statement credit if you spend $100+ on your first Hilton stay within 6 months of opening the card.
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card – Earn 50,000 Hilton points after you make $1,000 in purchases within 4 months of account opening. Plus a $50 statement credit if you spend $50+ on your first Hilton stay within 6 months of opening the card.
Plus, some cards earn miles or points that you can transfer to Hilton. These include:
- American Express Membership Rewards points
- Citi ThankYou points
- Hawaiian Airlines miles
- Virgin Atlantic miles
Or you can earn 50,000 Hilton points and a $50 statement credit after meeting minimum spending requirements by starting a reservation on the Hilton website (you do NOT have to book a room). You’ll see the ad for the offer on the final booking screen.
I prefer the 60,000 Hilton point offer, because I can get more than $50 in value from 10,000 Hilton points.
If you haven’t received the bonus before on these cards, this is a good opportunity to earn a lot of Hilton points! But there have been higher offers in the past. So if you aren’t in a hurry to earn Hilton points, it’s a good idea to wait.
We don’t earn a commission for this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best deals we find!
Which offer do you think is better?