Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
American Express is hitting this one out of the park with some all-time high offers on lots of their best travel cards!
There are limited-time increased offers on the business and personal versions of both the AMEX Delta Gold & AMEX Delta Platinum cards. And there’s a great offer on the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express card, too!
Through April 11, 2018, you’ll earn up to 60,000 Delta miles with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express. And 70,000 Delta miles with Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
And until March 28, 2018, the AMEX Starwood Business card has a 35,000 Starwood point welcome bonus!
Minimum spending requirements vary with each card.
Here are the details of these new offers!
Increased Bonuses on 5 AMEX Cards
I don’t recall ever seeing higher offers for these AMEX credit cards. So if you’ve been considering any of the following cards, now is a fantastic time to pull the trigger!
1. AMEX Delta Gold Cards
Until April 11, 2018, the AMEX Delta Gold personal and small business card come with 50,000 Delta miles after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Plus another 10,000 bonus miles after spending an additional $1,000 within the first 6 months.
You’ll also get a $50 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase in the first 3 months of opening your account.
The cards come with:
- 1 free checked bag for yourself and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation
- 2 miles per $1 spent with Delta
- 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
- 20% discount on certain Delta in-flight purchases
- Priority boarding
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- Pay With Miles (each point worth 1 cent)
- NO foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee, waived the first year
- Terms Apply
2. AMEX Delta Platinum Cards
Until April 11, 2018, you’ll earn 70,000 Delta miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles when you open an AMEX Delta Platinum personal or business card and spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. Plus a $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within 3 months of account opening.
The cards come with the same perks as the AMEX Delta Gold cards, plus:
- Domestic round-trip companion certificate each year on your card anniversary
- 10,000 Medallion qualifying miles and 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000+ in a calendar year. And an additional 10,000 Medallion qualifying miles and 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the same time frame
- $195 annual fee, NOT waived the first year
- Terms Apply
Note: AMEX only allows folks to earn the into bonus once per person, per lifetime, on ALL their cards. But because each of the Delta cards is considered a different product, you’re eligible for 4 separate welcome bonuses!
3. Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card From American Express
You’ll also get:
- 2 Starwood points per $1 spent at participating Starwood hotels & Marriott hotels
- 1 Starwood point per $1 spent on everything else
- Unlimited use of Boingo Wi-Fi hotspots (excluding in-flight). Enrollment required.
- Access to Sheraton Club lounges (free breakfast and hors d’oeuvres) for cardholder and 1 guest staying in the same room (3rd-party bookings are excluded)
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood Elite Status
- Earn Starwood Gold Status after spending $30,000+ in eligible purchases on your card within a calendar year
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Terms and limitations apply
The $95 annual fee is WAIVED the first year.
Are These Offers Good Deals?
The Delta bonuses are worth at LEAST $600 to $700 because you redeem Delta miles for 1 cent each using Pay with Miles. And you can get much more value from them if you book award flights on Delta or their partners!
And the AMEX Starwood Business card’s bonus is 10,000 Starwood points higher than the usual bonus. After meeting the $7,000 minimum spending requirement you’ll have at least 42,000 Starwood points (35,000 point bonus + 7,000 points for spending)!
Starwood points are very valuable for staying at Starwood hotels. And when you link your Marriott account, you can transfer points between your Starwood and Marriott accounts at a 1:3 ratio (and get an instant status match between programs!). So the 35,000 Starwood point bonus is worth 105,000 Marriott points (35,000 Starwood points X 3).
And don’t forget, you’ll receive 5,000 bonus miles for every 20,000 Starwood points you transfer to an airline. So you could convert your Starwood points into 50,000 Alaska Airlines miles and book a one-way Cathay Pacific Business class flight to Asia!
Until April 11, 2018, you’ll earn up to 60,000 Delta miles when you open the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express after meeting tiered spending requirements. And 70,000 Delta miles when you open the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express and meet minimum spending requirements.
And until March 28, 2018, the AMEX Starwood small business card has a 35,000 Starwood point intro bonus!
If you haven’t had these AMEX cards before, now is a great time to consider applying. Because the bonuses on all 5 of these cards have never been higher!
Let me know if you apply!