Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
INSIDER SECRET: If you don’t have enough Hyatt points for the award stay you want to book, you can instantly transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
Hyatt points usually aren’t as easy to earn as Hilton points or IHG points (especially with the all-time high IHG credit card offer), but they are much more valuable since award nights only cost 5,000-40,000 points. That makes the newest Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion extra-valuable because Hyatt members have an opportunity to earn triple or double points at Hyatt, M life Rewards and Small Luxury Hotels locations.
You’ll earn bonus points beginning with your second stay. Stays at participating Hyatt Place hotels will earn triple points and you’ll earn double points at the other locations.
Bonus Journeys promotion
Promotion dates: Sept. 15-Dec. 15, 2019
- Must register by Oct. 31, 2019
- Stays must be completed by Dec. 15, 2019
- Earn triple points on eligible spending at any Hyatt Place hotel beginning with your second stay during the promotion period
- Earn double points on eligible spending at Hyatt hotels and resorts, participating M life Rewards destinations, and participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations beginning with your second stay during the promotion period
- You will only earn the bonus on the Base Points you earn (any bonuses you earn from elite status or other promotions will not be doubled or tripled)
- Maximum of 200,000 bonus points can be earned during this promotion — up to 100,000 bonus points from Hyatt Place hotels and up to 100,000 bonus points from non-Hyatt Place hotels
Promotion link: Bonus Journeys promotion
Good deal or not?
For eligible room rates, dining and spa services at participating Hyatt hotels you normally earn 5x Hyatt points (10x Hyatt points on FIND experiences and Exhale purchases), so this promotion amounts to 15x Hyatt points at Hyatt Place hotels and 10x Hyatt points at other locations. This promotion can be stacked with other Hyatt promotions like the 500 bonus points at new Hyatt hotels deal, bonus points for booking through the Hyatt app, double elite night credits at Hyatt Zilara and Ziva locations and the credit of up to $250 (for Hyatt cardholders) at Ziva and Zilara resorts.
This an excellent opportunity to add to your balance of Hyatt points, especially if you have the The World Of Hyatt Credit Card which earns 4x points on Hyatt spending and comes with Discoverist status (10% bonus on base points).
Hyatt mobile app promotion
Promotion dates: August 1-Sept. 30, 2019
You can earn 500 bonus Hyatt points for booking a stay through the new Hyatt mobile app. You must make and complete the booking by Sept. 30, 2019. This bonus applies to participating Hyatt properties, MGM locations and Small Luxury Hotels.
This is a straight forward Hyatt promotion that should be easy for most people to take advantage of, I was able to cancel and rebook an upcoming award stay with no problems. If you want to do the same just make sure that there aren’t any penalties if you cancel, or if it’s a cash stay, that you aren’t paying a higher rate.
Double elite-night credits at Ziva and Zilara
Promotion dates: August 1-Nov. 23, 2019
- Must register by Oct. 31, 2019
- Bonus nights will not be considered promotion so they’ll count toward unlocking rewards tied to elite-night requirements like free-night certificates and club-lounge passes
- Award stays count
- Only the room occupied by the member will qualify for the bonus
Good deal or not?
Hyatt Ziva and Zilara are Hyatt’s all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico. Zilara is adults-only and Ziva is more family-friendly. There are locations in:
- Cancun, Mexico (Ziva and Zilara)
- Cap Cana, Dominican Republic (Ziva and Zilara) – Opening soon
- Los Cabos, Mexico (Ziva)
- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (Ziva)
- Rose Hall, Jamaica (Ziva and Zilara)
The award chart for Hyatt’s all-inclusive resorts is a bit different than its standard award chart:
You’ll pay 20,000-25,000 points per night for the first two people and an additional 10,000-12,500 points per person for up to four people per room. If you were already looking for an all-inclusive resort, these are reasonable prices. And if you can earn double elite-night credits and possibly stack the deal for the 10% rebate for cardholders (if your travel dates fall into the dates where both promotions are valid), it becomes even more enticing.
Both Ziva and Zilara resort stays will count toward earning a Category 1-4 free-night certificate through Hyatt’s ongoing brand explorer promotion, where you can earn a free night for every five different Hyatt brands you visit.
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
Featured image by James R. Martin/Shutterstock.