Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
This is our permanent Hyatt promotion page. Bookmark this page and check back frequently.
The lockdowns are finally starting to ease up, and the rusty gears of travel slowly creak as they struggle towards normalcy.
Hyatt shows its excitement to bring customers back with a new promotion, and it’s quite rewarding. You’ll earn 15+ Hyatt points per dollar when spending at Hyatt hotels — that’s three times the normal amount! We estimate Hyatt points value to be around 2 cents each. That means earning 30 cents per dollar is equal to getting a 30% return (read our post on the best use of Hyatt points for more details).
Additionally, those with elite status (even those who have the lowest-tier status just for holding Hyatt’s cobranded hotel credit card) will even get a bonus for their first stay during the promotion. Here are the details.
Bonus Journeys promotion
Promotion dates: June 15 to September 15, 2020
- Earn triple points for your spending at Hyatt hotels after your second qualifying stay
- You can register beginning June 8, 2020
- Hyatt elite status members will receive 2,500 bonus points for the first qualifying stay during the offer period. “Eligible stay” in this case means both paid nights and award nights of at least one stay.
Good deal or not?
With this deal, you’ll earn triple points for your spending at any hotel under the Hyatt brand. Hyatt normally offers 5 points per dollar, so you’ll earn at least 15 points per dollar for your stays during the promotion.
Note that you’ll only earn triple points on the base points you earn. For example, The World Of Hyatt Credit Card gives you a return of 4 points per dollar when spending at Hyatt hotels. Bonus Journeys won’t multiply this number 12 points per dollar. If you’re spending with that card, you’ll earn a total of 19 points per dollar — not to mention any bonuses you’d receive from elite status.
You’ll also only earn triple points after your second qualifying stay. You’ll need to book directly with Hyatt and not through an OTA like Expedia to qualify. It may make sense to break your first trip up into multiple bookings, which could trigger the bonus points on your second booking.
Reminder: Improved World of Hyatt Card offer
Hyatt has bolstered its credit card offer in a few important ways during this time of limited travel. I opened it myself a couple of months ago. Here’s a quick rundown.
- If you’re approved for The World of Hyatt Card by June 30, 2020, you’ll immediately receive 10 elite night credits (that’s double the normal amount)
- Receive 3 elite night credits for every $5,000 you spend on the card between April 15 and June 30, 2020 (that’s one more than usual)
- Earn 3 Hyatt points per dollar on grocery store purchases until June 30, 2020 (that’s two more than usual)
- Exclusive Hyatt offer discounts via Chase Offers on the Chase mobile app or Chase.com
The World of Hyatt Card also comes with a sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 bonus points after meeting tiered spending requirements:
- 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- 25,000 more bonus points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases in the first six months of account opening
Again, we estimate Hyatt points value to be around 2 cents each, meaning this bonus should grant you $1,000 in free Hyatt hotels. Make sure to read our review of the World of Hyatt Card for every detail on the card.
Let us know if you plan to travel again soon and take advantage of this promotion! And subscribe to our newsletter for more miles and points deals like this delivered to your inbox.