Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
On October 5, 2017, the bigger sign-up bonus will be killed off. And presumably drop back to 50,000 points.
So if you’re interested in it, you only have 1 week left to apply!
One Week Left to Apply for the Bigger Sign-Up Bonus on the Chase British Airways Card
The 100,000 British Airways Avios point bonus on the Chase British Airways card is the best offer I’ve ever seen for this card! And there were rumors that the bonus would end on September 30, 2017. But we’ve confirmed with Chase that it will disappear on October 5, 2017!
The bigger sign-up bonus is a great deal, because the regular bonus is 50,000 British Airways Avios points after meeting minimum spending requirements. So the current offer is double the normal bonus!
That said, this offer is NOT for everybody. Because the sign-up bonus is tiered, and you’ll have to spend a LOT to receive the full bonus:
- Spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account – earn 50,000 British Airways Avios points
- Spend $10,000 (total) on purchases in the first year of opening your account – earn an additional 25,000 British Airways Avios points
- Spend $20,000 (total) on purchases in the first year of opening your account – earn another 25,000 British Airways Avios points
So you’ll have to make $20,000 in purchases during the first year to earn all 100,000 British Airways Avios points.
With the Chase British Airways card, you’ll also get:
- 3 British Airways Avios points per $1 you spend on British Airways, Iberia, and OpenSkies purchases
- 1 British Airways Avios point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Earn a Travel Together Ticket (your companion flies with you on a British Airways award flight for just the cost of taxes and fees) when you spend $30,000 on the card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
But the $95 annual fee is NOT waived for the first year.
If you’re considering applying, check out this post with ideas on how to meet the large spending requirement. And read my series on how to earn and use British Airways Avios points for ideas on how to use the bonus!
So if you’ve been considering it, you should apply soon! Because Chase has confirmed that the bonus will disappear on October 5, 2017.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this deal? Let me know in the comments!