We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via Doctor of Credit, you’ll earn a total of 100,000 British Airways Avios points when you meet tiered minimum spending requirements. But to get the full bonus, you’ll have to spend $20,000 in your first year.
That’s enough for 4 round-trip coach tickets from the West Coast to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines. Or, when you include the points you earn from meeting minimum spending, enough for 4 round-trip coach flights to Ireland from 6 US cities on Aer Lingus.
I’ll share the details!
British Airways 100,000 Point Bonus
This is a fantastic deal, because the usual sign-up bonus is 50,000 British Airways Avios points after meeting minimum spending requirements. So this is double the usual bonus!
With this offer, you’ll earn a total of 100,000 British Airways Avios points when you meet tiered minimum spending requirements. You’ll have to spend:
- $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account (earn 50,000 British Airways Avios points)
- $10,000 (total) on purchases in the first year of opening your account (earn an additional 25,000 British Airways Avios points)
- $20,000 (total) on purchases in the first year of opening your account (earn another 25,000 British Airways Avios points)
So you’ll have to make $20,000 in purchases during the first year to earn all 100,000 British Airways Avios points. Here’s a post with ideas on how to meet this large spending requirement.
With this card, you’ll also get:
- 3 British Airways Avios points per $1 you spend on British Airways, Iberia, and OpenSkies purchases
- 1 British Airways Avios point per $1 you spend on everything else
- Earn a Travel Together Ticket (your companion flies with you on a British Airways award flight for just the cost of taxes and fees) when you spend $30,000 on the card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is NOT waived for the first year. But it’s worth it for 100,000 British Airways Avios points!
If you’ve had this card in the past, Chase typically allows folks to earn the sign-up bonus again as long as it’s been at least 24 months since you last received the bonus.
And the Chase British Airways is NOT affected by the Chase “5/24” rule! So if you’ve opened ~5 or more credit cards (from any bank) in the past 24 months (excluding certain business cards) you could still qualify.
Check out my series on how to earn and use British Airways Avios points for ideas on how to use the sign-up bonus!
But to unlock the full bonus, you’ll need to spend $20,000 on purchases in the first year of opening your account. If you can manage the spending, this is a terrific deal, because it’s double the usual 50,000 point bonus.