Rumor: New AMEX Hilton Card With Automatic Diamond Status & Much More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
There’s lots of competition in the miles & points world these days. So it’s exciting to hear about potential new cards that can make Big Travel With Small Money possible!
I’ll fill you in on what I know!
AMEX Hilton Diamond Card
Link: Doctor of Credit
There’s a possibility AMEX will introduce a new AMEX Hilton Diamond card.
Folks on Reddit have been speculating based on a survey AMEX sent to cardholders.
AMEX has NOT confirmed the rumor. And there’s no official word on timing or a potential sign-up bonus for the card. But based on information gathered by Doctor of Credit, the card perks could include:
- Free Hilton Diamond status
- 14 Hilton points per $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 7 Hilton points per $1 you spend at US restaurants, car rental agencies, and airfare purchased directly from airlines
- 3 Hilton points per $1 you spend on all other purchases
- Free night at participating Hilton hotels after spending $12,000 annually
- $250 annual travel credit for incidental fees like baggage fees
- Free Priority Pass membership
The card’s annual fee could be $395.
Automatically earning Hilton Diamond status would be a terrific perk! Because you normally need 30 stays or 60 nights to earn Hilton’s highest status.
With Diamond status, you get:
- 50% elite bonus points on stays
- 5th night free on award stays (same as Hilton Silver and Gold status)
- Free breakfast at many Hilton locations
- Room upgrades at eligible hotels
- 1,000 Hilton bonus points per stay at Conrad, Embassy Suites, and Waldorf Astoria hotels
- 750 Hilton bonus points per stay at Hilton Garden Inn hotels
A new card would be great news for folks who took advantage of the limited time offers for the current AMEX Hilton cards. Because you can only earn the sign-up bonus from AMEX cards once, per person, per lifetime. So a new card could be an opportunity to earn a sign-up bonus!
Do I Believe the Rumor?
Yes! Recently, AMEX has made changes to other cards like The Business Platinum® Card from American Express and The Platinum Card® from American Express. I believe most of these changes were introduced to match the amazing cards offered by AMEX competitors, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
So a new premium AMEX Hilton card would make sense. Because it would compete with the Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card.
It will be very interesting to learn about the potential new card’s sign-up bonus and how it competes with 3 free nights offered on the Ritz-Carlton card.
Bottom LineDoctor of Credit reports a rumor about a new premium American Express Hilton credit card. Perks might include automatic Hilton Diamond status, a $250 annual travel credit, and much more!
I love the potential new competition versus the Chase Ritz-Carlton Rewards card.
I’ll be sure to update you once I know more!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)