125,000 IHG points offer is disappearing in one week
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Remember when we told you just a few months ago about a huge increased bonus of the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card? The IHG Premier Card currently comes with a record-high 125,000-point bonus, which you can earn after you spend $3,000 in the first three months of account opening. You’ll even have the ability to earn more bonus points on your everyday spending and what you spend at IHG locations in the first 12 months of card membership.
However, that great deal ends October 9, 2019, and the sign-up bonus will likely drop significantly.
125,000 IHG point offer ending soon
You can accomplish some pretty outlandish travel goals with 125,000 IHG points. For example, you could use your points to stay a weekend at the five-star Intercontinental Paris – Avenue Marceau, just nine minutes from the Arc de Triomphe. Or if you’re a road warrior, stretch your points and stay 12 nights at a less fancy hotel on your travels, like the Candlewood Suites San Antonio NW near SeaWorld.
Further reading: Best uses of IHG points
Along with that huge bonus, you’ll receive an improved earning rate when you swipe your card. For the first 12 months you have the card, you’ll also be able to earn 40x IHG points on IHG stays (then 25x IHG points after that time frame) and 4x IHG points on all other purchases (then 2X on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1x on everything else). Here’s how those points break down per dollar spent:
- 10 base points for being an IHG member
- 5 bonus points for having IHG Platinum status (50% bonus on base points), which comes with the card
- 25 IHG points per dollar for the first 12 months at IHG Hotels & Resorts, then 10 points per dollar after that
As a reminder, the IHG Premier Card has the following benefits:
- Platinum IHG status for as long as you have the card (late checkout when available, complimentary upgrades subject to availability, a welcome amenity and a 50% bonus on the base points you earn)
- Free night certificate (valid at hotels costing up to 40,000 points) every year you renew the card
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit of up to $100 every four years
- Fourth night free on standard room award stays of 4+ nights
- 20% discount when you purchase points with the card
- No foreign transaction fees
The card has an $89 annual fee — but based on the card’s valuable perks, it’s a no-brainer if you stay at IHG hotels at least once per year. That annual free night is almost guaranteed to save you more than you’ll spend on the fee.
Further reading: IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card ReviewThe information for the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so you won’t qualify if you’ve opened five or more credit cards from any bank (not including certain small business cards) in the past 24 months.
Let us know if you apply. You can subscribe to our newsletter to get more tips and tricks for using hotel points for huge savings. You can also check out our IHG guides below:
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)