Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
My favorite Chase Freedom 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points category is back!
You can earn 5X points (5% cash back) at Amazon from October 1, 2015, to December 31, 2015, on up to $1,500 in spending.
However, you won’t get this bonus automatically! First you’ll have to activate the bonus by December 14, 2015.
I’ll show you how to take advantage of this bonus and explain how you can save even more!
What’s the Chase Freedom Card?
The Chase Freedom card comes with a 10,000 point ($100 in cash back) sign-up bonus when you spend $500 on purchases within the 1st 3 months of opening your account.
Plus you’ll earn 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points on up to $1,500 of spending in rotating categories each quarter you activate. So if you spend the maximum each quarter, you can earn 30,000 (~$300 in cash back) Chase Ultimate Rewards points per year.
The Chase Ultimate Rewards points you earn can be used for cash back, or you can transfer them to the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Ink Bold, or Chase Ink Plus card for Big Travel! That’s because with these cards you can transfer your Chase Ultimate Rewards points to airline and hotels partners like Hyatt, Marriott, United, and Southwest.
But There’s a Better Deal!
If you have the Discover it card, you could earn up to 15% cash back on purchases you make at Amazon! And like the Chase Freedom card, you have to register each quarter for the 5% cash back categories.
Here’s how it works:
- Click through to Amazon from the Giving Assistant shopping portal – 5% cash back
- Add items to your cart and check out
- Pay with your Discover it card – 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in spending through September 30, 2015, and again through December 31, 2015.
- If you’re a new member or previously registered, your cash back is doubled at the end your 1st card year – another 5% cash back
- Total savings at Amazon – 15% cash back!
You’ll have to activate the bonus by December 14, 2015, to earn the bonus points!
These are easy way to save money on holiday gifts!