Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Some shopping portals offer bonus points or cash back for shopping at Amazon, but it’s usually restricted to specific departments.
But I don’t know how long this deal will last!
What’s Giving Assistant?
Link: Giving Assistant
Note: Your purchase must be shipped and sold by Amazon to be eligible.
Follow the Giving Assistant’s tips, so you don’t miss out on the cash back!
How to Save 15% on Shopping at Amazon
Link: Giving Assistant
The Discover it card is currently offering 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 in spending) through September 30, 2015. And then again through December 31, 2015, when you register you card.
Here’s how it all adds up:
- Click through to Amazon from the Giving Assistant shopping portal – 5% cash back
- Add items to your cart and check out
- Pay with your Discover it card – 5% cash back
- Your cash back is doubled at the end your 1st card year – another 5% cash back
- Total savings at Amazon – 15% cash back!
And Amazon carries gift cards to other merchants, including Hyatt and Southwest. These cards are sold and shipped by ACI, which is an Amazon company. So you may also be able to save 15% on travel, restaurants, more!
Don’t Have the Discover it Card?
You should still be able to save 10% to 11% at Amazon!
When you buy Amazon gift cards at supermarkets or office supply stores, you can save 5% to 6% if you pay with the right card:
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6,000 per year; then 1%. Terms apply.
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores. Terms apply.
- Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, Chase Ink Plus – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points at office supply stores
I haven’t tried this, but you might be able to click through Giving Assistant and pay with your Amazon gift card to save another 5%. Let me know if that works for you!
In any case, use any credit card to get 5% back. Or use your Discover for a total of 15% back!
Giving Assistant is currently offering 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases shipped and sold by Amazon.
And when you pay with your Discover it card, you’ll earn 5% cash back (on up to $1,500 this quarter and next quarter). Plus, new cardholders and folks who’ve registered have their cash back doubled at the end of their 1st 12 months, for another 5% cash back.
That’s a total of 15% cash back at Amazon!
Let me know in the comments if you think of any other ways to get the most out of this deal!