Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’ve been on the fence about picking up an AMEX Delta card with a big welcome bonus, time is running out! Through September 19, 2018 (one more day!), you can earn a hefty number of Delta miles!
The intro bonus is 60,000 Delta miles with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express after meeting the minimum spending requirements.
And the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express are offering 70,000 Delta miles after completing the minimum spending.
Here’s more about each offer!
One Day Left for Big Bonuses with 4 AMEX Delta Cards
Delta has had incredible flash sales lately to destinations all over the world, so it’s worthwhile to have a stash of Delta miles handy.
AMEX counts each Delta card as a separate product. So it’s possible to earn the bonus on each card! That means, for example, if you’ve had the AMEX Delta Gold personal card, you’re still eligible for the bonus on the AMEX Delta Gold small business card and AMEX Delta Platinum personal and business cards.
But if you’ve ever had any particular card, you are NOT eligible to earn the welcome bonus again on that same card.
So if you haven’t had all 4 of these cards yet, you still qualify for the ones you’ve never had! But these offers are only good through September 19, 2018.
1. AMEX Delta Gold Cards
You’ll also get:
- 1 free checked bag for yourself and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation
- 2 miles per $1 spent with Delta
- 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else
- 20% discount on certain Delta in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit
- Priority boarding
- Discount on Delta SkyClub lounge passes
- Pay With Miles (each point worth 1 cent)
- NO foreign transaction fees
- Terms and limitations apply
Both cards have a $95 annual fee, but it’s waived the first year.
2. AMEX Delta Platinum Cards
Through September 19, 2018, you can earn 70,000 Delta miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles when you open an AMEX Delta Platinum personal or small business card and spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
The cards come with the same perks as the AMEX Delta Gold cards, plus:
- Domestic round-trip companion certificate each year on your card anniversary
- 10,000 Medallion® qualifying miles and 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000+ in a calendar year. And an additional 10,000 Medallion® qualifying miles and 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the same time frame
- $195 annual fee, NOT waived the first year
- Terms and limitations apply
Also notice you have 3 months to complete the minimum spending requirements with these cards, but 4 months with the AMEX Delta Gold cards above. But, you’ll earn 10,000 more Delta miles and 10,000 Medallion® qualifying miles. So this card is better for folks who fly Delta often, or want a bigger bonus.
These Offers Are Worth $600 or $700 at a Minimum – and Potentially Much More
When you have any of these cards, you can redeem Delta miles for 1 cent each for any Delta flight without blackout dates when you use Pay with Miles. So 60,000 Delta miles are worth $600, and 70,000 Delta miles are worth $700 when you redeem them this way. Those are good offers on their own!
But you can often do much better using them for award flights. Here’s how to use the welcome offer on all 4 cards to fly round-trip to Europe. And you can get $1,000+ worth of flights with 70,000 Delta miles.
And lately, Delta’s had flash sales to fly round-trip in coach between:
- Boston and Tampa for 12,000 Delta miles
- New York and Zurich for 24,000 Delta miles
- Los Angeles and Tokyo for 54,000 Delta miles
- Atlanta and Bermuda for 36,000 Delta miles
So when a sale pops up, you’ll want to have some Delta miles to use for a trip!
You have 1 more day to snag great offers on 4 AMEX Delta cards! Through September 19, 2018 (tomorrow!), you’ll earn 60,000 Delta miles when you open the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express and meet minimum spending requirements.
And 70,000 Delta miles when you open the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express and meet minimum spending requirements.
If you’ve never had these cards, remember you can earn the welcome bonus on each one. We don’t know what the offers will be after tomorrow, but they’re currently double what they usually are!