Singapore Airlines 51%-off sale: Save big on biz awards to Asia, economy to Europe from 11,025 miles
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
You can book this month’s Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes promo awards for travel from Feb. 1-29, 2020. This promotion ends January 31st. We normally see discounts of up to 30% off Singapore Airlines awards, but this month, in celebration of the KrisFlyer program’s 21st birthday, you can book with an extra 21% off (up to 51% off in total). The discounts apply to specific routes, we’ve highlight the flights to/from the U.S. below.
What makes this deal so useful is that Singapore Airlines miles are some of the easiest credit card miles to accumulate, because they are a transfer partner with Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou points, Capital One and Marriott Bonvoy. So you shouldn’t have any problem getting the miles you need.
|To get more deals like this one delivered straight to your inbox, sign-up for our newsletter.|
Singapore Airlines promotions
What is the Singapore Airlines Spontaneous Escapes promotion
Every month Singapore Airlines discounts specific Singapore Airlines and Silk Air award flights and cabins of service. Singapore offer dozens of discounted routes each month, but most of these deals are for flights that aren’t to/from North America. Singapore Airlines does serve six U.S. cities and we often see flights to/from San Francisco, L.A. or New York on sale, this month there are discounts to/from Houston, San Francisco and New York. Each month’s promotion will have specific travel dates the discount is valid for, usually it is for travel during the following month. So for this month’s deal you need to book in January, you’ll have an itinerary that finishes by the end of February 2020.
Each month there are business-class and premium economy awards on sale, but typically these deals are less abundant than economy awards. One thing to know when you’re perusing the sale page is that sometimes the discount will only apply to one direction of travel. So as an example, you might see a discount award from Singapore to Frankfurt, but the return to Singapore might be at the regular price.
You must book these awards online through the Singapore Airlines website to get the special pricing. These flights cannot be changed and cannot include stopovers. You will pay taxes and fees on these award tickets but they shouldn’t be outrageous.
You can see all of this month’s deals here.
Singapore Airlines award discount – January 2020
Here are some highlights of this round of Spontaneous Escapes:
- New York-JFK to/from Frankfurt
- Economy – 11,025 miles one-way
- Premium economy – 33,320 one-way
- San Francisco to/from Hong Kong
- Economy – 16,170 miles one-way
- Business class – 43,610 miles one-way
- Singapore to/from Dusseldorf
- Business class – 45,080 miles one-way
- Houston to/from Manchester
- Economy – 11,025 miles one-way
- Premium economy – 23,030 miles one-way
- San Francisco to/from Singapore
- Economy – 18,620 miles one-way
- Business class – 46,550 miles one-way
- Houston to/from Singapore
- Premium economy – 35,770 one-way
How to Earn Singapore Airlines miles
If you don’t have transferable points, you can easily earn the points you need for next time, since Singapore has this sale every month, with cards like these:
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card – 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points bonus after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card – 60,000 Ultimate Rewards bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card – For a limited time, earn 100,000 bonus miles after you spend $20,000 on purchases within the first 12 months from account opening. Or still earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- The Platinum Card® from American Express – 60,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first three months. Terms apply. Annual fee $550 (See rates and fees).
For rates and fees of the Platinum card from Amex, please click here
Featured image by Pham Le Huong Son/Getty Images.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)