News You Can Use – United Club Card Raises Fee, Discounts at IHG Europe, Choice Hotels, Disney for Military
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Annual Fee Increasing for Chase United Club Card
Via The Points Guy, the Chase United MileagePlus Club card, which comes with lounge access, is raising the annual fee from $395 to $450.
For now, the annual fee is still $395, so you may want to sign-up soon and take a screen shot of the lower annual fee before it changes.
The cost of annual lounge membership is also increasing from $500 to $550. These changes may be because United Airlines has plans to renovate current lounges, add new lounges, and upgrade the food.
Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we’ll always tell you about the best offers.
2. Save on IHG Hotels in EuropeHead for Points reports, IHG has 2 ways you can save on its hotels in Europe this summer. (You must use the links on the landing page to book). IHG hotels include Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, and Staybridge Suites brand hotels.
You’ll get the discount when you book before August 23, 2015 (using this link) for travel from July 1, 2015, to September 7, 2015.
These deals are only good for IHG Rewards Club members. So if you don’t already have an account, it’s free and easy to sign-up. But blackout dates may apply at certain hotels. And some folks are having difficulty finding dates that work with these discounts.
Here’s a look at how you can save:
4 Nights for the Price of 3
When you book exactly 4 nights (weekdays or weekends) at participating hotels in Europe you’ll get 25% off each night. If you plan to stay longer than 4 nights you can book the extra nights separately.
Holiday Inn Express hotels in the UK and Ireland are excluded.
Save 20% on Weekend Stays (13% for Week Nights)
When you stay at participating IHG hotels in Europe from Friday to Sunday nights you can save 20%. And if you stay Monday through Thursday nights, you’ll save 13%.
3. Military Discount at Disneyland & Disney WorldLoyalty Traveler writes, members of the US military can save at Disneyland and Disney World with the Park Hopper Ticket.
Military members can visit both Disneyland and the California Adventure Park with the 3 Day Park Hopper ticket, which costs ~$132 (or $44 per day). Purchase your tickets by October 1, 2015, to get the discount for any 3 days through October 3, 2015.
There are NO blackout dates.
There’s also a military discount on the 4 Day Park Hopper ticket. With this ticket you can visit Disney World, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom park for ~$177 (~$44 per day).
To get the discount, purchase your tickets by September 30, 2015, and select any 4 dates through October 3, 2015.
This is an amazing discount! If you purchased the same ticket directly from Disney, you’d pay $393! And on discount sites like Undercover Tourist, you’ll pay ~$365.
Other Important Terms
- Tickets must be purchased at Military sales outlets
- Active and retired military along with National Guard and US Coast Guard members or their spouses are eligible.
- Limit of 6 tickets per eligible service member or spouse and 1 of the 6 tickets purchased must be used by the service member or spouse
- Each ticket must be used by the same person each day
- Not valid for Magic Morning early admission
- Can’t be combined with other discounts
4. Up to 5,000 Southwest Points per Night for Your Next Hotel Stay
When you book your next hotel stay through Rocketmiles you can earn 1,000 to 5,000 Southwest points per night (using this link).
Or, if you’ve never used Rocketmiles you can earn 3,000 bonus Southwest points when you sign-up and make your 1st reservation. And earn an additional 1,000 to 5,000 Southwest points for your stay.
Check out my post on how Rocketmiles works.
Book by August 31, 2015, at 11:59 pm Central Time to earn the bonus points.
5. Get Up to 8,000 Choice Hotel Points After 2 Stays
I’ve written about this deal before, but this is a reminder for folks who have summer travel plans.
When you complete 2 stays at Choice hotels you can earn 5,000 to 8,000 bonus Choice points (depending on the number of base points you earn).And Choice hotel award nights start at 6,000 points per night.
Here’s how to earn the bonus:
There is NO limit to the number of points you can earn from this promotion.
If you book a paid stay
, you can earn 8% cash back at Choice Hotels with TopCashBack. And you may be able to combine it with your AAA number for an added discount.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)