Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
I’m a big fan of Hyatt hotels and there’s very little I don’t like about its loyalty program. But its achilles heel has been its small footprint. While there are nearly 900 Hyatt hotels worldwide, it pales in comparison to Marriott (7,000+), Hilton (5,700+), Wyndham (9,000+) or IHG (5,700+).
Hyatt has taken major steps to remedy this problem, including partnering with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). You can now use or earn Hyatt points at over 350 partner SLH properties, when booking through Hyatt. This opened dozens of new areas where you can use Hyatt points. For example, I visited New Zealand over two years ago and there wasn’t a single option for redeeming my Hyatt points, but once the Park Hyatt Auckland opens later this year there will be a total of six.
Let’s look at some of the highlights of what will be opening in Americas over the next few years.
|For more travel news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
New Hyatt hotels coming to the Americas
One of the hidden benefits to Hyatt expanding the number of locations for certain brands is that it will be easier to earn free nights with the Hyatt Brand Explorer promotion. This is a ongoing promotion where you earn a free night at a category 1-4 hotel for every five Hyatt brands you stay with. Hyatt has 17 brands (with more on the way) so you can earn up to three free nights with that promotion.
Below are the locations where each brand is opening new hotels.
- Encinitas, California in early 2021
- Andaz Palm Springs, California in late 2020
- Andaz Toronto, Yorkville in 2021
- Andaz Turks & Caicos at Grace Bay in 2021
- Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, Virginia in March 2020
- Wyndhurst Manor & Club, Lenox, Massachusetts in May 2020
- The Shay, Culver City, California in late summer 2020
- Oceanside, California in late 2020
- Grand Hyatt Nashville in fall 2020
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman in 2022
- Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria, Virginia in January 22, 2020
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, Oregon in February 2020
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Minneapolis in spring 2020
- Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York in March 2020
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador in April 2020
- Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale in May 2020
- Hyatt Centric City Center Philadelphia in June 2020
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis in 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Austin in 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville in 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento in 2021
- Hyatt Centric Koreatown Los Angeles in 2021
- Hyatt Centric SouthPark Charlotte in 2021
- Hyatt Centric Buckhead Atlanta in 2022
- Hyatt Centric Niagara Falls in 2022
- Downtown Los Angeles in 2022
There are 40+ Hyatt House hotels opening across the U.S. and Canada, including Scottsdale, Arizona; Los Angeles and Sacramento, California; Denver; Lewes, Delaware; Tampa; Orlando; Atlanta; Chicago; Louisville; Kansas City; Minneapolis; Harlem, New York; Allentown, Pennsylvania; Columbus, Ohio; Portland, Oregon; Nashville; Houston; Dallas; Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Ottawa, Hamilton and Mississauga, Ontario.
Opening nearly 80 locations in the U.S. and Canada, including Fairbanks, Alaska; Flagstaff, Arizona; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Bakersfield, Paso Robles and Sonoma, California; Titusville, Florida; Chicago; Indianapolis; Des Moines, Iowa; Wichita, Kansas; Bossier City, Louisiana; Boston; Reno, Nevada; Fort Lee and Newark, New Jersey; Albany, New York; Winston Salem, North Carolina; Philadelphia; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Murfreesboro, Tennesse; Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and McAllen, Texas; Harrisonburg and Virginia Beach, Virginia; Vancouver, Washington; Kelowna, Prince George and Richmond, British Columbia; Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Moncton, New Brunswick; Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga and Brampton, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
These is also a Hyatt Place place opening in Heredia, Costa Rica.
- Hyatt Regency Frisco, Texas in spring 2020
- Hyatt Regency Insurgentes Mexico City in 2021
- Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls in 2022
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City in 2022
- The Ambassador, Chicago in February 2020
- El Capitan, Merced, California in summer 2020
- Oceanside, California in late 2020
- Miraval Berkshires, New York in May 2020
- Park Hyatt Toronto in October 2020 (reopening after property redesign)
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza in 2021
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos, Mexico in 2021
- Park Hyatt Mexico City in 2021
- Thompson Washington D.C. on Jan. 8, 2020
- Thompson San Antonio in late summer 2020
- Thompson Dallas in fall 2020
- Thompson Hollywood in 2021
- Thompson Austin in 2021
- Thompson Denver in 2021
- Thompson Savannah in 2021
- Thompson New York – Central Park in 2021 (rebrand from Parker New York)
- Thompson South Beach, Miami in 2022
- Mar Monte, Santa Barbara, California in spring 2020 (rebrand from Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara)
- Kansas City in summer 2020
- Hollywood, California in 2021
- Hotel La Compañia, Panama City, Panama in 2021
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|