We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Do you like staying at IHG hotels? Great news!
With the Chase IHG card, you can now earn 80,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
You’ll also get perks like a free night each cardmember anniversary. You can use it at ANY IHG hotel in the world!
Here’s more about the Chase IHG card.
Better Offer for the Chase IHG Credit Card
Link: Chase IHG Card
The Chase IHG card’s sign-up bonus just got better! Now, you’ll earn 80,000 IHG points after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus a $50 statement credit after your first purchase!
You’ll also get:
- 5 points per $1 spent at IHG hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 5,000 bonus IHG points adding an authorized user and making a purchase within the same 3 month period
- Free night at any IHG hotel after each cardmember anniversary
- Platinum Elite Status as long as you have the card (50% bonus points, complimentary room upgrades if available, priority check-in)
- 10% points rebate (up to 100,000 points back per year)
There are NO foreign transaction fees with this card. And it has a $49 annual fee, but it’s waived the first year.
Is This a Good Deal?
This isn’t the best offer we’ve ever seen on this card. But it’s 20,000 points higher than the most recent deal. And you can get LOTS of Big Travel with Small Money with 80,000 IHG points!
The most expensive IHG hotels cost 60,000 IHG points per night. So a sign-up bonus of 80,000 IHG points means you’ll have more than enough points for a night at any top-notch IHG hotel in the world. Or you could use them for multiple nights at a lower tier hotel.
Plus, it’s worth paying the $49 annual fee when you can get an award night worth hundreds of dollars! I continue to pay the annual fee each year, because I get lots of value from the card’s ongoing benefits. Especially the annual free night, which you can use at any IHG hotel!
If you need more ideas on where to get the most value from the Chase IHG card’s anniversary free night, check out these posts:
- 5 Top Hotels in Europe to Book With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Great Hotels in the US With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Outstanding Hotels in the Caribbean & Mexico With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Terrific Hotels in Asia & Australia With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Excellent Hotels in Central & South America With IHG Card’s Free Night
- 5 Fantastic Hotels on the Mediterranean Sea With IHG Card’s Free Night
IHG hotels include Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, EVEN Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resorts, Hotel Indigo, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, and Staybridge Suites brand hotels.
Don’t forget, Chase’s tighter application rules do NOT apply to the Chase IHG card! And if you’ve recently applied for this card, it’s definitely worth secure messaging Chase to see if they’ll match this improved offer!
The Chase IHG card now comes with 80,000 bonus IHG points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account. And a $50 statement credit after your first purchase! That’s 20,000 IHG points higher than the most recent offer.
I keep the Chase IHG card in my wallet year after year, despite the $49 annual fee. Because the card has ongoing perks that save you lots of money. Like the annual free night at any IHG hotel, Platinum Elite Status, and a 10% rebate on redeemed points.
Do you plan to get this new deal with the Chase IHG card?