Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Citi is an advertising partner
Over the past year American Airlines miles have been growing on me because there just always seems to be a good deal to where I want to go. For example, I was just looking for cheap flights to visit my family and found a bunch of options for only 10,000 miles round-trip. That was even less than the lowest priced Southwest flights I could find.
The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®. You’ll earn 65,000 American Airlines miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first four months of account opening. This is currently the biggest bonus of any of the best American Airlines credit cards.
CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select current offer
A nice thing about this offer is that you’ll have four months to complete this card’s minimum spending. If you’ve been active in this hobby for long, you know that airline credit cards almost always give you three months to meet spending requirements — so this four month window makes this bonus attainable for most everyone.
Here are the ongoing CitiBusiness AAdvantage card’s benefits:
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 2 American Airlines miles per dollar spent at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants, and gas stations
- 1 American Airlines mile per dollar spent on other purchases
- First checked bag for free for you and up to four companions on the same reservation
- Preferred Group 5 boarding
- Access to Reduced Mileage Awards
- Annual $99 Companion Certificate when you spend $30,000+ each cardmember year and renew your card (account must remain open at least 45 days after your anniversary date).
- 25% savings for in-flight snacks, drinks and Wi-Fi (when you pay with the card)
- No foreign transaction fees
The card does have a $99 annual fee that is waived for the first 12 months. Just note that this is a small business credit card. You must have a small business to qualify for the card, but that doesn’t mean you must oversee a multi-million dollar corporation. You could qualify with side gigs like freelance writing, photography, renting an Airbnb or driving for Uber.
And remember, you can apply for small-business credit cards using just your social security number if you’re a sole proprietor. For step-by-step instructions read our guide on how to complete a Citi business card application.
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by CaseyMartin/Shutterstock.