Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Citi is an MMS advertising partner
Even though now isn’t the time to travel, it is a great time to plan travel for the future because there are lots of great deals available. Over the past year American Airlines miles have been growing on me because there just always seems to be a good deal to where I want to go. For example, I regularly am able to book cheap domestic flights for around 10,000 miles round-trip, which is often less than even the lowest priced Southwest flights.
Right now, the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® has an increased bonus offer of 70,000 American Airlines miles after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first four months of account opening. This is currently one of the best bonuses of any American Airlines credit card.
CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select current offer
A nice thing about this offer is that you’ll have four months to complete this card’s minimum spending. If you’ve been active in this hobby for long, you know that airline credit cards almost always give you three months to meet spending requirements – so this four month window makes this bonus attainable for most everyone.
Here are the ongoing CitiBusiness AAdvantage card’s benefits:
- 2x American Airlines miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 2x American Airlines miles at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and gas stations
- One American Airlines mile per dollar spent on other purchases
- First checked bag for free for you and up to four companions on the same reservation
- Preferred Group 5 boarding
- Access to Reduced Mileage Awards
- Annual $99 Companion Certificate when you spend $30,000+ each cardmember year and renew your card (account must remain open at least 45 days after your anniversary date).
- 25% savings for in-flight snacks, drinks and Wi-Fi (when you pay with the card)
The card does have a $99 annual fee that is waived for the first 12 months and has no foreign transaction fees. Just note that this is a small business credit card. You must have a small business to qualify for the card, but that doesn’t mean you must oversee a multi-million dollar corporation. You could qualify with side gigs like freelance writing, photography, renting an Airbnb or driving for Uber.
And remember, you can apply for small-business credit cards using just your social security number if you’re a sole proprietor. For step-by-step instructions read our guide on how to complete a Citi business card application.
|For more travel and credit card news, deals and analysis sign-up for our newsletter here.|
Featured photo by CaseyMartin/Shutterstock.