Best of Million Mile Secrets – January 2017
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
2. Did you know you can now use fewer miles for short flights with Alaska Airlines’ new award chart?
5. I let you know that hotel point transfers will no longer qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass after March 31, 2017. And Million Mile Secrets team member Harlan shared his personal experience getting the Southwest Companion Pass with hotel points.
6. Do you know the secret way for free Uber rides with Arrival Plus miles?
7. Folks who spend a lot at Amazon might want to consider the new no-annual-fee Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card that earns 5% back at Amazon!
8. If you took advantage of the great AMEX Business Platinum offer, don’t forget to read about the perks of having the Southwest Companion Pass & the AMEX Business Platinum card!
10. Check out my ultimate guide to Big Travel with AMEX Membership Rewards points. Including transfer partners, how to transfer points, how to fly within the Continental US, to the Caribbean & Mexico, Hawaii, Europe, and more!Bonus: Don’t forget, if you’re planning a trip to Canada, you can visit Canadian National Parks for free in 2017!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)