We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’ve been meaning to apply for the limited time AMEX Hilton card offers, you don’t have much time left!
After May 31, 2017, you will no longer earn the increased offers that come with the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express.
And you’ll earn 100,000 Hilton points after you make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass card. Plus a free weekend night certificate after the first anniversary date of card approval!
I’ll remind you about these great offers!
American Express Hilton Credit Card 100,000 Point Bonus
Through May 31, 2017, you’ll earn an increased sign-up bonus when you apply for the AMEX Hilton cards.
I’ve shared several ways you can make the most of these increased sign-up bonuses, including:
- Use Hilton Points to Stay in the Best US Food Cities
- How to Get a $1,000 Hotel Room for $75
- Stay Free at These 7 Secretly Fantastic European Cities With 100,000-Point Hilton Bonus
And remember, Hilton now allows folks to pool points for free! So if you and a travel buddy sign-up for the card, you can combine your points for a nicer hotel or a longer stay.
Here’s what you can expect from each of these cards!
1. AMEX Hilton Honors
The AMEX Hilton Honors card comes with 80,000 Hilton points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. That’s enough for a night at upscale Hilton hotels, like the Hilton Pensacola Beach. Or stay 8+ nights at a more budget-friendly hotel, like the Hampton Inn Spring Hill near Clearwater.
This card comes with:
- 7 Hilton points per $1 spent at most Hilton hotels
- 5 Hilton points per $1 spent at US gas stations, US restaurants, and US supermarkets
- 3 Hilton points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Free Hilton Silver elite status (late check-out, 2 free bottles of water, and 15% points bonus on Hilton points earned)
- Free Hilton Gold elite status (free breakfast and better upgrades) after spending $20,000 in a calendar year
- NO annual fee
- Terms & limitations apply
2. AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass
That’s nearly enough for a couple of nights at a 5- star Hilton hotel like the Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts!
Plus, you’ll now get a free weekend night certificate to nearly any Hilton hotel after the first anniversary date of card approval! This perk alone is worth paying the $75 annual fee for another year.
You’ll also get:
- Free Hilton Gold Elite status (free breakfast at certain hotels, upgrades when available)
- Free Hilton Diamond Elite status when you spend more than $40,000 in a calendar year (better upgrades)
- 12 points for every $1 you spend at Hilton hotels
- 6 points per $1 you spend at US restaurants, supermarkets & gas stations
- 3 points per $1 you spend on everything else
- Terms & limitations apply
Both cards come with foreign transaction fees, so they are NOT good cards to use internationally.
Note: AMEX only allows folks to earn the sign-up bonus for each card once per lifetime. So if you’ve received the bonus before, you will NOT get it again.
The AMEX Hilton Honors and the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass limited-time offers are disappearing after May 31, 2017! You’ll earn 80,000 Hilton points with the AMEX Hilton Honors, and 100,000 Hilton points with the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass after meeting minimum spending requirements.
And the AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass currently comes with a free weekend night at nearly any Hilton hotel after your first cardmember anniversary. That’s a fantastic perk that could be worth hundreds of dollars.
Will you sign-up for either of these new limited-time offers before it’s too late?