We devote thousands of hours of research to help you get Big Travel with Small Money. You support us by signing-up for credit cards through partner links which earn us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you have either The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN, you’re probably already sold on the horde of useful perks that come with the card.
Good news! AMEX continues to improve the card’s benefits. The latest update gives folks 5 times more points for using the card through one of AMEX’s most beloved programs: AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts!
Now Earn 5 AMEX Membership Rewards Points With AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts
Folks with an AMEX Platinum card receive 5 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 when they book prepaid hotels through the AMEX Travel website. That’s a fantastic bonus, but lots of us like to get the most freebies when we’re actually paying cash for a hotel. That’s where AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts comes in!
When you book through Fine Hotels and Resorts, you’ll get perks like guaranteed 4:00 pm late checkout, room upgrades, free nights, etc. It’s usually worth it to book through AMEX Fine Hotels and Resorts if you plan on purchasing a paid hotel stay because of all the extras you’ll receive.
For example, team member Sara visited Lake Louise this summer and booked her hotel through AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts and received extras like:
- Room upgrade upon arrival
- Daily breakfast for 2 people
- Guaranteed 4:00 pm Late check-out
- Noon check-in
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- $100 food & beverage credit
- Free self parking ($30 per day value)
And now, you’ll earn 5 AMEX Membership Rewards points per $1 when booking through AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts! That’s 4 points per $1 higher than before. There are just a few things to note:
- You MUST book online (you won’t receive the bonus if you book over the phone)
- Only a few hotels have this improved earning rate at the moment. AMEX says it’s rolling out the benefit to the hotels in its program through 2019
- The change is only available for prepaid bookings (you can still cancel the room as normal, you just need to pay for it upfront)
You can save hundreds of dollars each year with the AMEX Fine Hotels & Resorts program if you find yourself booking paid stays often. Let us know if you use this perk!
Tired of missing money saving deals and tips? Then subscribe to our newsletter and get them delivered to you daily!
Hat tip: One Mile at a Time