Can I Get the Sign-Up Bonus Twice With the Same Card If the Offer Is Different?
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Million Mile Secrets reader RNP commented:
If I received the Chase Ritz-Carlton 140,000 point sign-up bonus back in 2014, will I be eligible for the current 3-night offer since they are different offers?
You won’t qualify for another sign-up bonus on a credit card just because the sign-up bonus is different. But you might be eligible to receive the sign-up bonus for other reasons!
I’ll help you determine whether you’re eligible for a second bonus from a Chase credit card!
Don’t Blow Your Chance to Earn the New Chase Ritz-Carlton Offer
Link: Chase Ritz-Carlton Card
The Chase Ritz-Carlton card recently received an extreme makeover! And the sign-up bonus is more attractive than ever. You’ll earn 3 free nights at any participating Tier 1 to 4 Ritz-Carlton hotel after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
So what if you jumped on a previous offer of the Chase Ritz-Carlton card? You may not be out of luck.
Chase Rules for Granting a Second Sign-Up Bonus
Chase will only give you another sign-up bonus on a credit card under 2 conditions:
- The credit card product changes (the card becomes a MasterCard instead of Visa, etc.)
- You don’t currently have the card and haven’t received the bonus in 24 months
[The welcome offer of 3 complimentary nights] is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
So, if you received the Chase Ritz-Carlton Bonus in 2014, you may be eligible for another bonus! Just make sure it’s been 24 months since you received the bonus. You can view your credit report to easily find out when you opened your card to help you determine when you may have received the bonus.
Remember, current cardmembers are NOT eligible for the bonus. So you’ll have to cancel your current Chase Ritz-Carlton card first.
Make sure to read my other posts on the Chase Ritz-Carlton card:
- 7 Things to Know About the 3 Complimentary Nights With the Ritz-Carlton Card
- How to Find Award Nights Using the Complimentary Certificates From the Ritz-Carlton Card
- Will You Be Approved for the 3-Night Ritz-Carlton Card?
And if you need ideas for where to spend your 3 free Ritz-Carlton nights, check out:
- 5 Excellent US Hotels Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 5 Fantastic Hotels in Europe Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 5 Outstanding Hotels in Asia Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
- 4 Top Hotels in Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America, Where You Can Stay 3 Nights With Ritz-Carlton Card Bonus
Where would you spend your free nights??
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)