New Trick to Consolidate Your Disney Gift Cards!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
If you’re planning a trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World, Disney gift cards are a great way to save on everything from tickets to food in the park. But they only come in fixed denominations.
So some folks have dozens (or more!) of Disney gift cards, which are hard to track.
I’ll show you how easy it is to magically organize multiple gifts cards into one!
Save Money at the Happiest Place on Earth With Disney Gift Cards
Disney gift cards can be used for Disney theme park tickets, restaurants, cruises, resorts, and more. And they never expire.
You can save 5% to 6% on Disney gift cards by purchasing them at office supply stores and supermarkets with cards that earn bonus points like:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express – 6% cash back at US supermarkets (up to $6,000 per year); then 1%. Terms apply.
- Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card, Chase Ink Bold – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% cash back) at office supply stores
Target also carries Disney gift cards. So if you pay with the AMEX Target Prepaid REDcard, you can automatically save 5%.
Gift cards are typically excluded from shopping portals, but it doesn’t hurt to try!
Check out my other posts for more tips on how you can save money at Disney parks:
- Your Fairytale Trip to Walt Disney World Doesn’t Have to Cost a Fortune!
- 5 nights + 2 Airline Tickets to Disney World From 2 Cards
- Best Ways to Fly to Orlando With Miles & Points (or Small Money)
- 5 Great Hotels to Book With Points at Disney World
- Save 10% at Disney World & Disneyland With Chase Debit Card
- Is It a Good Idea to Save for Your Disney Trip Using a Disney Vacation Account?
How to Consolidate Your Disney Gift Cards!
Link: Disney Gift Cards Page
You can transfer a balance from 1 gift card to another.
To transfer, go to the Disney gift card website. Then click “Manage Cards” and “Transfer Balance.”
Each Disney gift card can hold up to $1,000.
You can save money at Disneyland and Walt Disney World by purchasing gift cards with credit cards that earn bonus points or cash back.
The gift cards never expire, but they only come in relatively small denominations. So many folks have to keep track of dozens of gift cards while they save for their trip.
Luckily, now there’s a better way! You can transfer the balance from several cards onto a single card (up to $1,000) by going to the Disney gift card website and clicking “Manage Card.” Then selecting “Transfer Balance.”
This will save you time and a lot of headaches!
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)
Join the Discussion!