Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Planning a trip with miles & points can be tricky, especially for folks new to the hobby. Because sometimes it’s hard to figure out how many points you’ll need for a specific hotel.
So I decided to make a list of all the Category 1 Starwood hotels, organized by region and country.
It’s easier to use than using Starwood’s site. 😉
Let’s take a look at the list. And how many points you’ll need for a free night.
Starwood Category 1 Hotels
Category 1 Starwood hotels cost 3,000 Starwood points per night. Unless it’s a weekend night, when you’ll pay just 2,000 points.
Friday and Saturday nights are considered weekend nights.
Here’s a complete list of every Starwood Category 1 hotel in the world!
1. North America
3. Asia Pacific
- Sheraton Chuzhou Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Hefei, Shushan
- Aloft Beijing, Haidian
- Aloft Dongguan Dynamic Town
- Aloft Dongguan Songshan Lake
- Aloft Nanhai, Foshan
- Element Foshan Nanhai – Opening March 31, 2017
- Aloft Guangzhou Tianhe
- Aloft Guangzhou University Park
- Four Points by Sheraton Guilin, Lingui
- Four Points by Sheraton Bijie
- Sheraton Langfang Chaobai River Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Luohe
- Aloft Zhengzhou Shangjie
- Aloft Zhengzhou Zhengdong New District
- Sheraton Changzhou Wujin Hotel
- Element Suzhou Science and Technology Town
- Four Points by Sheraton Taicang
- Aloft Yancheng
- Four Points by Sheraton Yangzhou, Hanjiang
- Four Points by Sheraton Changchun, Hi-Tech Zone
- Aloft Dalian
- Sheraton Shenyang South City Hotel
- Aloft Haiyang
- Four Points by Sheraton Qingdao, Chengyang
- Sheraton Qingdao Jiaozhou Hotel
- Sheraton Qingdao Licang Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Tai’an
- Sheraton Zibo Hotel
- Four Points by Sheraton Chengdu, Anren
- Four Points by Sheraton Chengdu, Pujiang Resort
- Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam
- Aloft Ahmedabad SG Road
- Four Points by Sheraton Ahmedabad
- Four Points by Sheraton Vadodara
- Aloft Bengaluru Whitefield
- Four Points by Sheraton Bengaluru, Whitefield
- Le Méridien Kochi
- Le Méridien Nagpur
- Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Serviced Apartments, Pune
- Four Points by Sheraton New Delhi, Airport Highway
- Four Points by Sheraton Jaipur, City Square
- Aloft Chennai OMR – IT Expressway
- Le Royal Méridien Chennai
- The Park Chennai, a Member of Design Hotels™
- Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur
- Le Méridien Coimbatore
- The Park Hyderabad, a Member of Design Hotels™
- Four Points by Sheraton Agra
4. Central & South America
Need More Starwood Points?
Don’t forget about the limited time increased sign-up bonuses on both AMEX Starwood cards!
With the personal AMEX Starwood card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $2,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
And with the AMEX Starwood small business card, you’ll earn 25,000 Starwood points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. And 10,000 more Starwood points for spending another $3,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
But remember, you’re only eligible to earn AMEX sign-up bonuses ONCE per card, per lifetime, with this possible exception.
With both versions, you get:
- 2 Starwood points per $1 you spend at Starwood, Marriott, and Ritz-Carlton hotels
- 2 stay credits or 5 night credits toward Starwood elite Status
- Access to AMEX offers, which can save you money on everyday purchases
- Free in-room internet at participating Starwood hotels
- No foreign transaction fees
The $95 annual fee is waived the first year on both cards.
Use this list of of every Category 1 Starwood hotel around the world to save time when planning your next getaway!
For a free night at any Starwood Category 1 hotel, you’ll need 3,000 or 2,000 Starwood points. Depending on whether it’s a weekday or weekend day.
And with the limited time increased sign-up bonus on both AMEX Starwood cards, you can earn more than enough for 11+ nights at ANY Starwood Category 1 hotel!