Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Chase, Citibank and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
Have upcoming hotel stays in the next few months? Check out Hilton’s new promotion before you book!
I’ll tell you what we know about this upcoming deal!
Hilton Is About to Launch a Generous New Promotion
The Hilton “2K Every Day” promotion will give folks 2,000 Hilton points for “every stay, every day” at over 4,700 hotels around the world. And there’s no cap on the number of bonus Hilton points you can earn!
Hilton hotels also include:
- Curio – A Collection by Hilton
- Embassy Suites
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Homewood Suites
- Home2 Suites
- Tapestry Collection (soon to come!)
- Waldorf Astoria
All stays are valid between February 1, 2017, and April 30, 2017. There’s no registration link yet, but we’ll let you know when there is!
What Can I Earn From This Promotion?
You’ll earn these bonus points in addition to the 10 base Hilton points per $1 you’ll earn when you stay with Hilton, as well as any other bonus points you earn. For example, if you booked 1 night at the Hilton Chicago for $190 per night with your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card card and chose Hilton’s Points & Points option, you could earn:
- 1,900 base Hilton points (10 base points per $1 X $190 = 1,900 Hilton points)
- 950 bonus Hilton points (5 bonus points per $1 with Hilton’s Points & Points option X $190 = 950 Hilton points)
- 1,900 bonus Hilton points (10 bonus points per $1 at Hilton hotels with the Citi Hilton Reserve X $190 = 1,900 Hilton points)
- 2,000 bonus Hilton points per night with Hilton’s “2K Every Day” promotion
That’s 6,750 total Hilton points per night! Plus, if you have Hilton Elite status, you’ll earn even more points per night:
- Silver Elite Status – 15% Hilton base points bonus
- Gold Elite Status – 25% Hilton base points bonus
- Diamond Elite Status – 50% Hilton base points bonus
Note: You’ll receive Hilton Gold Elite Status if you have cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express, AMEX Hilton Surpass, or Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card. And you’ll receive Hilton Silver Elite Status if you have cards like the AMEX Hilton Card or the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card.
Is This a Good Deal?
This promotion can be nice for folks who like staying at Hilton hotels. Hilton is a large hotel brand, so there are plenty of hotels to choose from, and lots of folks appreciate the convenience of Hilton hotels.
But 2,000 bonus Hilton points may seem like more than it is. That’s because it takes more points for a free Hilton night than it does with hotels like Starwood. In order to redeem your points for a free night with Hilton, you’ll need:
- 5,000 Hilton points for a Category 1 hotel
- 10,000 Hilton points for a Category 2 hotel
- 20,000 Hilton points for a Category 3 hotel
- 20,000 to 30,000 Hilton points for a Category 4 hotel
- 30,000 to 40,000 Hilton points for a Category 5 hotel
- 30,000 to 50,000 Hilton points for a Category 6 hotel
- 30,000 to 60,000 Hilton points for a Category 7 hotel
- 40,000 to 70,000 Hilton points for a Category 8 hotel
- 50,000 to 80,000 Hilton points for a Category 9 hotel
- 70,000 to 95,000 Hilton points for a Category 10 hotel
And there aren’t many low-category Hilton hotels that folks would look forward to staying in!
You can usually get about 0.5 cents in value per Hilton point when redeeming them for hotel stays. So 2,000 bonus Hilton points per night is equivalent to ~$10. Though it’s possible to get MUCH more value (or much less!) from Hilton points.
For example, the Hilton Chicago costs $190 per night, but costs 50,000 Hilton points for a free night. That means you’ll get a value of 0.38 cents per point ($190 cost of room / 50,000 Hilton points = 0.38 cents per point) if you redeem your points at the Hilton Chicago.
But the Conrad Koh Samui in Thailand sells rooms for $675. And you can redeem 95,000 Hilton points for a free night, giving you a value of 0.71 cents per point ($675 cost of room / 95,000 Hilton points = 0.71 cents per point).
And if you use “Points and Money“, you can book the room for 38,000 Hilton points and $199. That gives you a value of 1.25 cents per point ($675 cost of room – $199 cash co-pay = $476 value of room / 38,000 Hilton points = 1.25 cents per point)!
If you find yourself staying with Hilton a lot, this is a great promotion for you.
Just know, if you take advantage of this promotion you’ll be missing out on valuable promotions from other hotels, like IHG’s Accelerate promotion, and Club Carlson’s “Earn Bigger Rewards” promotion (though I do think this is better than the current 2X points promotions with Marriott and Starwood).
If you have the opportunity to take advantage of those promotions, I’d consider them first, and then switch any remaining hotel stays to Hilton.
If you are NOT invested in Hilton, I wouldn’t recommend going out of your way to book Hilton hotels. Because the average value of Hilton’s “2K Every Day” promotion is ~$10 per night.
Instead, stay somewhere that works best for your travel plans! Somewhere cheaper, more convenient, or fun! 2,000 bonus Hilton points is NOT a reason to inconvenience yourself.
Want More Hilton Points?
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card
Or, you can transfer other miles & points to Hilton. Citi ThankYou points, AMEX Membership Rewards points, Virgin Atlantic miles, and Hawaiian Airlines miles transfer to Hilton at a ratio of 2:3. And there’s currently a 33% transfer bonus when you move Citi ThankYou points to Hilton.
This is a good promotion for folks who like Hilton hotels. But I’d rather take advantage of IHG’s Accelerate promotion first.
There are no registration links to this promotion yet, but we’ll update you when there are!