Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Good news for Hilton Honors rewards members! There will soon be more hotels you can use with your points.
Via One Mile at a Time, Hilton has introduced their 14th hotel brand, the “Tapestry Collection“, which will launch in the fall of 2017. Hilton says these hotels will be “approachable and familiar,” and “refreshingly uncommon.”
I’ll share what I know about this new hotel brand!
Hilton Unveils the “Tapestry Collection”
Hilton is one of the largest hotel chains. And it’s good to see they are expanding even more!
In the 3rd quarter of 2017, Hilton plans to open the doors to its first “Tapestry Collection” hotels. So far, Hilton is finalizing deals with 7 independent hotels in:
- Chicago, Illinois
- Hampton, Virginia
- Indianapolis, Indiana (2 hotels)
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Syracuse, New York
- Warren, New Jersey
And Hilton says there are 35 more independent hotels that are working on becoming a part of the Tapestry Collection. There aren’t yet details about which hotels are included, but I’ll let you know when I find out!
Hotels create “independent collections” to help them grow their hotel chain without building new hotels. According to Hilton, the new Tapestry Collection hotels are:
“…positioned in the upscale segment just below Curio – A Collection by Hilton“.
So the brand will be more on the “upscale” side, but NOT the best Hilton has to offer.
This is Hilton’s 14th hotel brand, and their 2nd independent collection. And the brand doesn’t yet have a distinct identity, so it’s not very helpful for folks trying to decide which hotel best suits their personality and taste.
It seems like opening new collections is more about gaining publicity than anything else! 😉
But folks who prefer a more “boutique” feel might enjoy these new options. It’s all about booking travel that suits your needs and tastes!
And as long as Hilton is acquiring more hotels that we can book with points, I’m happy! There’s no such thing as too many options for redeeming points.
Want More Hilton Points?
Hilton points are some of the easiest points to get through credit card sign-up bonuses and spending. For example, you can quickly earn lots of Hilton points by signing-up for:
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express – 50,000 Hilton points after spending $750 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express – 75,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card – 50,000 Hilton points after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 4 months of opening your account. Plus, earn a $50 statement credit after you spend $50+ on your 1st stay within the Hilton Portfolio within the first 6 months of opening your account.
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card – 2 weekend night certificates good at most Hilton hotels after spending $2,500 on purchases within the first 4 months of opening your account
Note: If you’ve received a sign-up bonus on a particular AMEX credit card in the past, you will NOT be eligible to receive it again.
You can also convert certain miles or points into Hilton points, like:
- American Express Membership Rewards points
- Citi ThankYou points
- Hawaiian Airlines miles
- Virgin Atlantic miles
Hilton is adding another brand to their portfolio!
The “Tapestry Collection” will give folks the opportunity to stay at “boutique” hotels with Hilton points. Hilton says the hotels will be upscale, but not quite as nice as their current independent collection, Curio – A Collection by Hilton.
Hilton hasn’t yet shared which hotels will be included in this collection, but I’ll let you know when I find out!
Do you like it when hotel chains introduce new brands? Or do you find it hard to keep track? Let me know in the comments!