Disclosure: We get a commission for links on the blog. You don’t have to use our links, but we’re very grateful when you do. American Express, Barclaycard, Chase, and US Bank are Million Mile Secrets advertising partners. Opinions expressed here are the author's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or endorsed by our partners. Here’s our Advertiser Disclosure.
1. Better Offer for Virgin America Cards (Targeted)
Via Flyertalk, some folks may receive a better sign-up bonus for the Comenity Bank Virgin America cards. So check your email and keep an eye out when you fly Virgin America. One commenter noted they received the offer while using the Wi-Fi in-flight.
With this deal, you can earn 30,000 points when you complete the minimum spending on the Virgin America Premium Signature account. Or sign-up for the Virgin America Signature card and earn 20,000 points when you complete the minimum spending.
These cards have a respective $149 and $49 annual fee that’s NOT waived the 1st year.
This deal ends May 31, 2015.
Check out my full review of the Virgin America cards for more details on these cards and tips on how you can use the points!
2. $50 off $350 at Hotels.com for Memorial Day Weekend
You can save $50 when you spend $350 or more (before taxes and fees) at certain hotels at Hotels.com. To get the discount, use coupon code “AFMEMORIAL1550” and make your reservation by May 21, 2015, at 11:59 pm Mountain Time. And stay between May 22, 2015, and May 25, 2015, (Memorial Day Weekend).
But the coupon is only available for the first 15,000 bookings. So it’s better to make your reservation as soon as possible.
You will only get the discount at participating hotels.
And this coupon does NOT apply to:
- Reservations made outside of the Hotels.com US site
- Taxes, fees, or charges such as extra guest fees, phone calls, cancellation fees, parking
- Package bookings, bookings made through Group Travel Services, paid at the hotel, or paid in a foreign currency
- Existing bookings
Keep in mind, when you book through Hotels.com, you will NOT earn hotel points or normally receive elite status benefits. You also will NOT earn Hotels.com Rewards when you use this coupon.
3. An Easy 500 La Quinta Rewards Points
InACents.com reports, you can earn 500 La Quinta Rewards Points. According to the terms you’re supposed to watch a video to earn the points. But you can use the direct link and skip the video. Enter your member number and last name to earn the bonus points.
This deal expires June 30, 2015.
You can also transfer La Quinta points to Southwest (6,000 points minimum). When you transfer 6,000 La Quinta points, you’ll get 1,200 Southwest points. The points you transfer from La Quinta to Southwest will likely count towards the Southwest Companion Pass.
Plus, you can earn double or triple La Quinta points at certain hotels when you check-in by June 4, 2015.
4. New Layout for United Airlines’ Website
New features include:
- Filter by features such as Wi-Fi, connections, plane type, and in-seat power
- View 1-way pricing for a 15-day window (7 days before and after your search dates)
- View upgrade availability and upgrade with miles before purchase
- Quick view of upcoming trips and saved searches
- Compatible with mobile devices
5. Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards
You can vote for the Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards. Last year, over 150,000 votes were cast. This year’s poll ends June 8, 2015.
We’re honored that Million Mile Secrets was 1 of the nominations for Best Points and Miles Blog.
Here’s the direct link to the ballot.