And sometimes, Car Rental Savers finds the cheapest rate for a car rental! They also find rates on more car rental agencies than Costco.
Cheap car rentals series:
- Part 1 – Finding The MOST You Should Pay With Hotwire & Costco Travel
- Part 2 – Save Hundreds of Dollars by Using the Chase Ultimate Rewards or Citi Thank You Portal!
- Part 3 – Saving Money With the Capital One Travel Portal
- Part 4 – Southwest Airlines’ Car Rentals
- Part 5 – National Car Rental’s “Last Minute Specials”
- Part 6 – Priceline’s “Name Your Own Price”
- Part 7 – 5 Ways to Add an Additional Driver for Free
- Part 8 – Let Autoslash Do The Work
- Part 9 – American Airlines Car Rentals
- Part 10 – Why Everyone Should Sign Up For Frequent Car Rental Programs
- Part 11 – Save More With Car Rental Savers
- Part 12 – Do You Know How To Get The Lowest Price For Drivers Under 25 Years Old?
- Using Airline Miles for Car Rentals
- Using Hertz Coupons & Discounts
- Using Airline Discount Codes & Earning Miles for Rentals
Car rental savers
Link: Car Rental Savers
You do NOT have to pay in advance to get the lowest rates, but pay for your rental at the reservation counter when you pick up your car. This is better than other sites like Hotwire which requires you to pay in full when you make your booking.
I tested Car Rental Savers for about 2 months before posting about it, and they usually had lower rates than Costco Travel, but lately their rates are around the same.
Car Rental Savers
Ultimate Rewards Mall
|2 Weekend Days Rental in Columbus, Ohio in August 2013||$36||$36||$37||$68|
Step 1 – Search For A Rental Car
Go to CarRentalSavers.com and enter your rental information.
Step 2 – Choose a rental car
I found lots of choices for a rental in Columbus, Ohio. Emily and I don’t need a truck or SUV so I chose the economy car.
Step 3 – Select a car
I chose the cheapest option. An economy car from Alamo for $10 per day or $36 for the weekend with taxes.
I was given the option to upgrade to a compact car for an additional $3. Even though “it’s only $3,” a compact car means higher gas costs, so I declined.
Review your selection and then click “Continue.”
Step 4 – Enter Your Personal Details
You can even add your frequent car renter information so that you can go straight to your car!
Over the past few months, Car Rental Savers has been significantly cheaper than Costco Travel, but for this rental it was the same price of $36.
Hotwire wanted $11 per day or $37 for an economy car.
The least expensive economy car from the Ultimate Rewards Mall was $68! But an economy car from Car Rental Savers was only $35.
Week long Rentals
I was curious to see how Car Rental Savers performed for a week long rental in Hawaii…and Car Rental Savers had the second lowest price for a week long rental in Hawaii!
7 Day Rental in Maui in August 2013 $207 $271 $287 $168
Hawaii is one of five featured destinations on Car Rental Savers. This means that there could be extra discounts in the drop-down menu “Car Rental Destinations” for Europe, Florida, Hawaii, Las Vegas, and Orlando.
Use The “Car REntal destination” tab
Because of restrictions on how Car Rental Savers can present discounts, using the destination tab could save you more money compared to making a reservation under the general booking tab.
I searched for the same economy car from the general booking tab and it cost $273 or $67 more than when I used the destination tab!
Using the “Car Rental Discounts” tab
The “Car Rental Discounts” tab also allows you check prices using other discounts such as AARP, AMEX, BJs, Last Minute and other discounts.
After you’ve selected the discount you qualify for, follow the instructions on the discount screen to apply your additional discount.
Because these discounts are not available to everyone, the discount codes must be individually applied.
Using the “Car Rental Coupons” tab
You can also use the “Car Rental Coupons” tab to see if other discounts apply to your booking.
Car Rental Savers is easy to use, and more importantly, will save you time and money by providing the lowest car rental rates for all participating companies without limiting your choices.
You can enter your frequent renter information so that you don’t have to wait in line to pick-up your rental.
If you have time, don’t forget to use the “Car Rental Destinations” and “Car Rental Coupons” tabs to see if you can save even more money!
* If you liked this post, why don’t you join the 10,000+ readers who have signed-up to receive free blog posts via email (only 1 email per day!) or in a RSS reader …because then you’ll never miss another update!