Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
I loved the location. And it saved me time because the conference was held in that hotel.
Here’s more about my experience!
My Stay at the Sheraton San Diego
Link: Sheraton San Diego
I usually like to stay at small hotels (or in Airbnbs!) and honestly found this hotel too large for me. But I would much rather save time and not commute to the conference, so this worked for me.
So for a conference with lots of attendees, it served its purpose well. And the hotel staff was very patient and friendly, considering all the activity going on in the hotel!
I have the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express so I got access to the club lounge and a room on the Club level and free internet!
My room was big enough for me. And it was very clean. I wouldn’t choose the decorations around the room and the wallpaper in the bathroom, but this isn’t an interior design blog!
The bathroom was on the small side. But again, it was plenty big enough for me! And the basics were there, including plenty of towels and toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
Depending on your which side of the hotel your room is on, you’ll have views of the runways on one side, because it’s so close to the airport.
And you can watch the planes take-off and land. Or, on the other side, you’ll get a view of the water and marina.
My room was right on the water, with views of the boats in the marina.
And I was thrilled to get late check-out so I could leave my stuff in my room on the last day of the conference.
Boost Your Stays With Starwood Gold Elite Status
- 3X Starwood points per $1 spent on your stay at Starwood hotels (includes Aloft, Design Hotels, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Tribute Portfolio, Westin and W brand hotels)
- 4:00 pm late check-out when it’s available
- Upgrade to enhanced rooms (higher floor, better view, etc.)
- Complimentary in-room premium internet when you book through the Starwood website or via their mobile app
- Welcome gift (choose 125 points for Aloft, Element, and Four Points hotels or 250 points at other Starwood hotels, or complimentary drink)
If you stay at Starwood hotels often, it could be worth it to sign-up for one of these cards!
Overall, the location of The Sheraton San Diego is great. It’s across from the airport. And a ~15-minute drive to popular areas like Downtown and the Gaslamp Quarter.
My stay was pleasant, even though I usually prefer smaller hotels. And I thought they did a good job of hosting all of us for FinCon 2016.
If you’ve stayed here, let me know what you thought of it!