Two Cards Launching Soon: 60,000 Avianca Mile Card & 80,000 Point Chase Ink Business Preferred
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
A few months ago, I wrote that a new Avianca credit card with a 60,000 mile bonus was in the works.
Well, it looks like you’ll be able to apply for these 2 new cards in the near future!
I’ll share more about the updates!
New 60,000 Mile Avianca Card
Link: One Mile at a Time
Via One Mile at a Time, the new Avianca credit card is expected to launch within the next few weeks.
With the new card, you’ll earn up to a 60,000 Avianca mile sign-up bonus after meeting spending requirements.
You’ll also get:
- 3X Avianca miles per $1 you spend on Avianca
- 2X Avianca miles per $1 you spend at gas stations and grocery stores
- 1X Avianca mile per $1 you spend on regular purchases
- Two 50% discounts on award tickets redeemed for travel from the US to Central America or Colombia
- Free checked bag for travel between the US and Central America
- No foreign transaction fees
- 15% discount when you purchase Avianca miles
At this point, Avianca has not announced which bank will issue the card or the annual fee details.
But you can register to receive email updates about the new card.
I’ll be sure to share any additional details about this card as I hear more!
Avianca Miles Are FlexibleAvianca is a South American airline, but you can use Avianca miles on any Star Alliance airline, like Air Canada and United Airlines.
With Avianca miles, you can:
- Book one-way award tickets
- Get lower-priced redemptions compared to other Star Alliance airlines
- Book award tickets online
And Avianca does NOT add fuel surcharges to award flights on their partner airlines, which is terrific!
Using Avianca miles, you can book round-trip coach award flights for:
- 35,000 Avianca miles from the US (excluding Hawaii) and Canada to anywhere in the Caribbean, Mexico, US, Canada, and Alaska
- 40,000 Avianca miles from the US (excluding Hawaii) and Canada to Bogota, Cuzco, Lima, and Quito
- 60,000 Avianca miles from the US (excluding Hawaii) and Canada to Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro
And remember, Avianca is now a Starwood airline transfer partner!
80,000 Point Chase Ink Business Preferred Card
Link: Doctor of Credit
Million Mile Secrets team member Keith stopped by 3 Chase branches, but didn’t see any new info about the card. He also spoke with Chase business bankers who confirmed the new card would launch by the end of 2016. But they were unsure of the exact date.
At this point, we know the card will come with a sign-up bonus of 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $5,000 within the first 3 months.
You’ll also get:
- 3X Chase Ultimate Rewards points for every $1 you spend on travel, telecommunications, shipping, and advertising on social media and search engines (to a maximum of $150,000 in combined purchases per account anniversary year)
- Up to $600 in cell phone insurance when you pay your cell phone bill with the card
The card will have a $95 annual fee.
We also know the Ink Business Preferred will replace the Ink Plus. So it could be a good time to apply for the Ink Plus if you’ll spend a lot of money in the 5X bonus categories like office supplies and cell phone bills.
Keep in mind, the new Ink Business Preferred card will likely be impacted by Chase’s tougher application rules. If you’ve opened ~5 or more credit cards (from any bank) in the past 24 months, (excluding certain business cards) it will be difficult to be approved for most Chase cards.
There are 2 new credit cards launching by the end of 2016.
With the new Avianca credit card, you’ll be able to earn up to 60,000 Avianca miles after meeting minimum spending requirements. These miles can be used on any Star Alliance airline, like Air Canada and United Airlines.
There’s no word on which bank will issue the Avianca card. But you can register for email updates.
Which new card offer are you most excited about?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)