The New Marriott Award Chart Is Out! Check the NEW Price of Your Favorite Marriott and Starwood Hotels
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
At long last!! Marriott has published the new award chart for their 6,500+ hotels around the world. You can now see the cost of your favorite hotels after the Marriott – Starwood merger.
We already knew there would be some earth-shattering deals between August 1, 2018, and January 1, 2019, with the new award chart. For example, you can reserve ultra-luxury all-suite resorts, like the W Maldives, for just 60,000 Marriott points per night. That’s equivalent to 20,000 Starwood points per night.
This hotel wasn’t even on Starwood’s published award chart, and reports say that it costs 90,000 Starwood points per night. So under this new Marriott award chart, the hotel will be 70,000 Starwood points cheaper than before between, August 1, 2018, and January 1, 2019!
Here’s what you need to know!
New Award Chart for Marriott and Starwood Hotels
You can now see every Marriott and Starwood hotel price under the upcoming refurbished award chart! A lot of things about this news is exciting. Here are a few key takeaways from Marriott’s latest statement:
- 70% of the hotels will cost either the same or fewer points than before
- You can redeem the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card annual free night at 6,300 hotels worldwide
- For the first time, Starwood’s all-suite hotels are now on the award chart
- You can instantly redeem your points for meals, cocktails, spa treatments, etc. toward your room
- In August, members will earn points on total folio (room, food, spa) purchases at all brands, which helps accumulate points faster
Lots of hotels are dropping in price, including the 5-star resorts that we all fantasize about visiting every night when we lay our head on the pillow. For example:
- The W Bali Seminyak will cost 30,000 fewer Marriott points
- Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Napa Valley, will cost 30,000 fewer Marriott points
- AC Hotel Sants will cost 12,500 fewer Marriott points
- Sheraton Grand Canaria Salobre Golf Resort will cost 11,000 fewer Marriott points
That’s not including the super luxurious Starwood hotels that weren’t even on the published award chart before, like the St. Regis Bora Bora, which should see a DRAMATIC drop in price!
Here’s a reminder of the award chart that will take effect beginning on August 1, 2018. ALL hotels will fall under this award chart.
Update: Marriott has now updated the prices of their Travel Packages. And you’ll get less value from this new system than you would with the old.
Marriott currently has multiple options for redeeming your points for Hotel + Air Packages. Here’s an example of what you can currently receive when you cash in your points for 7 nights and American Airlines miles:
Now, the structure is much simpler:
You’ll clearly have to pay MUCH more for top-tier hotels. That’s a shame. If possible, you should book your Hotel + Air packages before the changes in August.
You can see the upcoming travel packages here.
We’ve been anxiously waiting to see how Marriott would re-categorize its 6,500+ hotels under its new award chart. Thankfully, 70% of the hotels will cost either the same or fewer points than before. And you’ll be able to use the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card annual complimentary night at 6,300 hotels around the world!
You can click this link for a list of all Marriott and Starwood hotels under the new award scheme. Let us know what you think!
Other Popular Million Mile Secrets Articles to Read
- Get late checkout, free Wi-Fi (when available), and more with American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts!
- Save on airfare with the Southwest Companion Pass!
- Save big time with the best American Express card for your travel goals!
- These Chase credit cards can save you $100s on your next trip!
- Take the edge off of your next airport visit with these top credit cards with lounge access
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)