Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Are you one of the lucky folks who got an email offer to earn 10,000 easy AMEX Membership Rewards points?
It’s a no-brainer to sign-up if you’re eligible. Plus, you’ll get extra flexibility in how you use your AMEX charge card!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about this deal!
Easy 10,000 Bonus AMEX Membership Rewards Points
Link: AMEX Pay Over Time
Most cards that earn AMEX Membership Rewards points are charge cards, NOT credit cards. The difference is that charge cards do NOT allow you to carry a balance each month. They must be paid off in full.
However, AMEX has a program called Pay Over Time, which allows you to carry a balance on your charge cards. And right now, certain folks are being targeted for 10,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points when they enroll their card in the program! But you must be approved by May 13, 2017.
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz
Here are a few things you should know:
- As long as an eligible purchase is $100+, AMEX will give you the option to pay over time.
- This code will likely NOT work with small business cards
- it’s highly unlikely that you’ll earn the bonus multiple times for enrolling more than 1 card
- You can NOT un-enroll a card to re-enroll it with this promotion
- It doesn’t look like you need to USE the Pay Over Time option. You just need to enroll and be approved by May 13, 2017
Note: Folks on Reddit seem to be coming across different complications. So if you’ve been targeted for this offer, make sure to save your emails and take screenshots of the deal. That way if something goes wrong, you have proof!
Is This a Good Deal?
It is NEVER a good idea to carry a balance on your travel rewards cards. That’s because the interest you’ll pay each month will outweigh the travel rewards you’ll earn.
That said. more options is always a good thing! And even though you should NEVER carry a balance on your cards, you never know if an emergency will arise and you’ll need to.
If you’re targeted for this offer, it’s a no-brainer to enroll. Just do everything you can to NOT carry a balance.
Folks targeted for the latest AMEX promotion can earn a bonus 10,000 AMEX Membership Rewards points for enrolling their AMEX Membership Rewards points-earning charge cards in the Pay Over Time program.
Carrying a balance is NEVER a good idea, but if you’ve been targeted for this offer, you should definitely sign-up! You do NOT need to carry a balance to earn the bonus points. And it’s nice to have the flexibility to carry a balance in case unexpected expenses arise.
Did you receive an email for this offer?