Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Starwood and AMEX are making it easier for folks to earn extra Starwood points! They’ve increased the sign-up bonus for the personal and small business cards to a total of 35,000 points after meeting tiered minimum spending requirements.
And now, via Reddit, Starwood is targeting certain AMEX Starwood cardholders with a special promotion. You’ll earn 5,000 bonus Starwood points if you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on your eligible AMEX Starwood credit card before May 31, 2017!
I’ll tell you what you need to know about this deal!
Earn 5,000 Bonus Starwood Points
Here are the details:
- You must enroll your card by March 31, 2017
- You must spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases with your targeted card by May 31, 2017
- Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees, interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, or purchases of cash equivalents (like gift cards and traveler’s checks)
- Authorized users on your card are NOT eligible for this offer
- Your bonus points will be deposited 10 to 12 weeks after you’ve spent the required $5,000 in qualifying purchases
So if you’ve been targeted for this promotion, you have ~12 weeks from today to spend $5,000 on your AMEX Starwood card. The sooner you enroll, the easier it will be to reach the spending requirement. And make sure you check out these 40+ creative ways to meet minimum spending!
Is This a Good Promotion?
If you do a lot of non-bonus category spending, this is a good deal! That’s because Starwood points are very valuable. So using your AMEX Starwood cards for non-bonus spending is a good idea anyway.
For example, you can transfer your Starwood points to 30+ airlines for free flights. Or, you can use them at beautiful and expensive Starwood hotels around the world! Plus, you can transfer them to Marriott at a ratio of 1:3 (1 Starwood point = 3 Marriott points), and use them for free nights at Marriott or Ritz-Carlton hotels!
You’ll receive 5,000 bonus Starwood points when you enroll by March 31, 2017, and spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases by May 31, 2017.
Are you targeted for this promotion?