Update: The card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Via MileValue, the sign-up bonus on the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® has been increased to 60,000 American Airlines miles for a limited time after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
This deal isn’t as good as last year’s 75,000 American Airlines mile offer or the previous 100,000 American Airlines mile sign-up bonus. But it’s still a better offer than the usual 50,000 mile sign-up bonus.
The card has a $450 annual fee which is NOT waived for the first year. But, the card has several perks that could make it worth the annual fee.
What’s the Deal?
You’ll earn 60,000 American Airlines miles when you’re approved for the Citi AAdvantage Executive card and spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. You’ll also get:
- American Airlines Admirals Club membership (worth up to $500) – access Admirals Club lounges, and bring your immediate family or up to 2 guests traveling with you. You do NOT have to be flying American Airlines to enter the lounge!
- Authorized users can also access Admirals Club lounges (without the primary cardholder)
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit (every 5 years)
- First checked bag free (for you and up to 8 companions traveling on the same reservation) on American Airlines domestic itineraries
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases (like food, drink, and headsets) on American Airlines flights
- Priority check-in, security (where available), and boarding
- 10,000 elite-qualifying miles if you spend $40,000 or more on the card in a calendar year
- 2 American Airlines miles per $1 you spend on American Airlines
- 1 American Airlines mile per $1 you spend on everything else
- No foreign transaction fees
The annual fee is $450, but the Admirals Club membership and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit can more than off-set the annual fee.
What Can You Do With 60,000 American Airlines Miles?
American Airlines changed their award chart this year and started charging more for certain award flights. You’ll still have terrific options for using 60,000 American Airlines miles such as:
- 8 one-way coach flights less than 500 miles within the mainland US or Canada
- 3 one-way off-peak coach flights from the mainland US to Hawaii
- A round-trip coach flight from the US to Europe
- A one-way Business Class flight from the US to Europe
If you need more miles, here are all the ways to earn American Airlines miles.
Note: If you’ve had this card in the past, you can earn the bonus again if it’s been more than 24 months since you closed the card.
And if you’ve recently applied for other Citi cards, like the Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier, remember Citi won’t approve you for more than 1 card every ~8 days. And no more than 2 in ~65 days.
If you’ve opened this card in the past few months, it might be worth calling Citi to see if they’ll match you to the higher bonus!
The sign-up bonus on the Citi AAdvantage Executive card has been increased to 60,000 American Airlines miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account.
This is a better deal than the usual 50,000 mile sign-up bonus. You’ll still have to pay the $450 annual fee (NOT waived for the first year).
American Airlines changed their award chart, but you still have many options to use 60,000 American Airlines miles for award flights .
Will you take advantage of the limited-time higher sign-up bonus?