News You Can Use – Save 25% at Club Carlson, $10 Off at P.F. Chang’s, $200 Visa Gift Cards Return to Staples, and Free Night at Fairmont Hotels!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. Save 25% on Club Carlson Stays (Ends Tomorrow)Points, Miles, and Martinis reports you can get 25% off your stay at select Club Carlson hotels in North America, South America, and the Caribbean.
This sale is good for stays through July 31, 2015, but you must book by July 17, 2015, at 11:59 pm Central Time.Note: The top of the sale landing page says the end date for the sale is July 15, 2015, but the terms & conditions have the correct date.
You can find a full list of hotels included in this sale on the offer page, but here are a few I found interesting:
- Radisson Blu Mall of America, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel, Philadelphia
- Radisson Cartagena Ocean Pavillion Hotel, Bolivar, Colombia
If you pay with your US Bank Club Carlson card you’ll also earn an extra 10 Club Carlson points per $1 spent on your stay!
Terms & Conditions
- Discount is on cost of each night excluding taxes and other incidentals (resort fees, room service and room entertainment)
- Not valid for existing reservations or with any other package, promotion, group or convention rate, or other discounted rate.
- Blackout dates may apply
And keep in mind, Club Carlson has another promotion where you can earn 10,000 Club Carlson points per night at certain Radisson hotels through December 31, 2015.
2. $10 Back at P.F. Chang’s (Targeted)
When you spend $50+ at P.F. Chang’s (in-restaurant only), you can earn a $10 statement credit with your American Express card. Check your account to see if you were targeted for this offer.
And you may be able to save $10 with each AMEX in your wallet!
This deal expires September 15, 2015. Enrollment is limited, so sign-up soon!
Terms & Conditions
- Valid in US only
- Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Atlanta airport, and Detroit airport locations excluded
- Gift cards ordered over the phone do NOT qualify
3. $200 Visa Gift Cards Back at Staples$200 Visa gift cards were out of stock at Staples earlier this month. But now via Miles to Memories, they’re back! You can buy these cards for ~$207 after the activation fee with your credit card.
This is an easy way to meet minimum spending requirements. That’s because you can use PIN-enabled gift cards to add funds to an AMEX prepaid card and pay bills like rent and utilities that don’t usually accept credit cards.
Plus, you’ll earn bonus points or cash back at office supply stores when you pay with cards like:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
And sometimes, Staples has sales that can save you money on their gift cards. Currently, you can get a $15 Staples gift card when you buy $300 or more in MasterCard gift cards (in-store only) through July 18, 2015.
4. Free Night at Fairmont Hotels + $25 Credit
To get this deal, use promotional code “PMXX” and pay with your AMEX card!
This offer lasts through December 31, 2015.
Folks traveling to Canada this summer to make the most of the good exchange rate could consider staying at The Fairmont Banff Springs, The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, or The Fairmont Royal York.
Terms & Conditions
- Complimentary night credited at checkout and includes taxes & fees
- $25 credit is issued per room per stay and is good towards food, beverage, internet, golf, spa and other charges to the room
- $25 credit can NOT be used towards cost of room or retail purchases
- $25 credit expires at end of stay
- Offer NOT valid on group bookings and can NOT be combined with other offers
- Blackout dates apply
Remember, you can also earn 2 free nights with the Chase Fairmont card! Emily and I don’t earn a commission on this card, but we always tell you about the best deals!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)