News You Can Use – New Uber Users Save $20, Earn $25 Best Western Gift Card, Book IHG Hotels Today, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
1. New Uber Users Can Get 1st Ride Free (Up to $20) and More!
Link: Get a Free Uber Ride up to $20 (New Users Only)American Airlines and Uber are now partners! And they’re offering a free ride to new Uber users (up to $20) who sign-up using promotion code “RIDEAA“.
This is a better deal than Emily’s Uber referral link, which gets you up to $15 off your 1st ride.
If you’re a Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator cardholder (not available for new sign-ups), you’ll earn 2 bonus American Airlines miles per $1 you spend on Uber through July 31, 2016.
And folks with American Airlines Executive Platinum status will receive a promotion code in March 2016, worth up to $25 off an Uber ride. Even if they’ve used Uber before!
2. Earn a $25 Best Western Gift Card After You Stay Twice
This is a nice bonus if you stay at Best Western hotels frequently. There are some conditions:
- You must register for the promotion before your 1st eligible stay to receive the gift card(s) and check-in by May 8, 2016
- You can earn up to 5 Best Western gift cards (10 separate stays) with this promotion
- Gift cards will be delivered via email ~2 to 3 weeks after your 2nd completed stay and are valid for 120 days
3. Reminder – Last Day to Book IHG Hotels at Current Rates
I wrote IHG would be changing award prices at ~400 hotels effective tomorrow, February 17, 2016.~200 hotels are increasing in price, including:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan – increasing 5,000 points to 50,000 IHG points per night
- InterContinental Paris – Le Grand – increasing 10,000 points to 60,000 IHG points per night
- InterContinental London Park Lane – increasing 10,000 points to 60,000 IHG points per night
- InterContinental Hong Kong – increasing 10,000 points to 60,000 IHG points per night
So if you’re planning a stay at an IHG hotel that’s increasing in price, book today to lock-in the lower rate.
Even if your plans aren’t firm, you may be able to cancel and get your points back if you change your mind. Check the hotel’s cancellation policy to be sure!
4. Choice Hotels No Longer Allowing Scandinavian Award Nights
Folks on FlyerTalk confirm these changes. However, Ascend Collection hotels in Scandinavia appear to NOT be affected.
Using Choice Hotels points for otherwise expensive stays in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark was a terrific deal! Some of these hotels only cost 10,000 Choice Hotels points per night.
I’m not sure if this is a temporary or permanent change. Choice Hotels has NOT given members written notice of these changes, but I’ll update y’all if I hear more!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)