News You Can Use – $20 Off Visa Gift Cards, Save $60 at Hotels.com, 5,000 Bonus Hilton Points, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. $20 Back on $300 in Visa Gift Cards at Staples
Via Miles to Memories, when you purchase $300 or more in Visa gift cards at Staples, you can get a $20 Visa prepaid card via Easy Rebate.
The deal is valid until this Saturday, June 27, 2015.
To make the most of the deal, pay with a card that earns 5% cash back (or 5X points) at office supply stores like:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
If you buy 2 $200 Visa gift cards, you’ll pay ~$414 ($400 in gift cards + ~$14 in activation fees).
And you’ll get a $20 Visa prepaid card and ~$21 in cash back when you pay with a card like the AMEX SimplyCash, which earns 5% back at US office supply stores (~$414 in gift cards X 5% cash back).So you’ll make a profit of ~$27 (~$41 back – $14 in activation fees). That’s a great deal!
2. Avis 1-Way Rentals for ~$20
Here’s a great deal for folks who like to take weekend mini-vacations. You can get a 1-way rental for up to 4 hours (including gas) for ~$20 in participating cities and locations.
To get the discounted rate, pick up your car at the airport and drop it off downtown on a Thursday or Friday. Or pick up your vehicle downtown on a Sunday or Monday and return it at the airport!
This could save you lots of money if you’d otherwise pay for a cab, train, or transit between downtown and the airport. Especially if you’re traveling as a group!
Here’s how to reserve your 1-way rental. And there are restrictions:
- Reservation must be made at least 48 hours in advance
- Offer may not be available during holidays or other blackout periods
- Only certain types of vehicles are included in the deal
- You can only keep the vehicle for a maximum of 4 hours
One-way car rentals are usually very expensive, so this is a fantastic deal!
3. Save $60 on a $300+ Hotels.com Purchase
You can get $60 off a Hotels.com booking of $300 or more (before taxes and fees) when you pay with your MasterCard and use coupon code “MASTERCARD60“.
Book by June 28, 2015, at 11:59 pm Mountain Time for stays completed through September 8, 2015. And they’ll only honor the coupon for the 1st 2,000 bookings.
This deal only applies to Best Price Guarantee hotels where you pay in advance. And you won’t earn Hotels.com rewards nights when you use the coupon.
Some hotels are excluded. You can use the coupon for a maximum of 5 separate bookings per person.
And you can’t use the coupon towards:
- Package bookings (hotel + flight)
- Reservations made through Group Travel Services
- Bookings paid for at the hotel or in a foreign currency
- Bookings at non-participating hotels
- Bookings you’ve already made
This is a good deal if you have a paid stay coming up anyway. But remember, you won’t earn hotel points for 3rd-party bookings. And you may not receive elite status perks.
4. JetBlue Points for Completing Surveys!
I received an email from Pointsforsurveys.com offering 400 JetBlue points for signing-up and completing a survey.
JetBlue points are worth ~1.5 cents each, so 400 JetBlue points equal ~$6. Plus, once you’ve registered, you’ll have the opportunity to earn more points when you complete other surveys.
It takes some time to register and fill out your profile. And some of the questions are personal (income, for example).
Once you’ve completed your profile, you’ll be given the opportunity to complete your 1st survey to earn 400 JetBlue points. But there’s no guarantee you’ll even qualify for the survey!
The survey I was offered was 20 minutes long so I declined. But if you have a lot of time on your hands, or enjoy taking surveys, it could be worth it for you.
5. Earn 5,000 Bonus Hilton Points per Stay!Head for Points reports you can earn 5,000 Hilton points for each Hilton stay (even 1 night!) you complete through July 6, 2015.Hilton hotels include Conrad, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Home2Suites, Homewood Suites, and Waldorf Astoria brand hotels. 5,000 Hilton points for 1 night is a good deal! That’s enough for an award night in a category 1 Hilton hotel.
And remember, there are lots of other ways to earn Hilton points.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)