News You Can Use – $20 Back on AMEX Gift Cards, $25 Off Expedia, 6,000 Starwood Points, & More!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
1. $20 Back on $300 in AMEX Gift Cards at Staples
Via Frequent Miler, when you purchase $300 or more worth of AMEX gift cards at Staples you can get a $20 Staples gift card. The deal ends June 13, 2015.
Remember to pay with a card that earns 5% cash back (or 5X points) at office supply stores:
- AMEX SimplyCash – 5% cash back at US office supply stores
- Chase Ink Bold (no longer available) – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
- Chase Ink Business Cash Credit Card – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
- Chase Ink Plus – 5X Chase Ultimate Rewards points (5% back) at office supply stores
If you buy 2 $200 AMEX gift cards, you’ll pay ~$414 ($400 in gift cards + ~$14 in activation fees). Plus, you’ll get a $20 Staples gift card and ~$21 in cash back when you pay with a card like the AMEX SimplyCash which earns 5% back at US office supply stores (~$414 in gift cards X 5% cash back).
So you could potentially come out ahead ~$27 (~$41 back – $14 in activation fees).
But that’s only if you have a use for the $20 Staples gift card. Staples sells everyday household items like paper towels, cleaning supplies, and printer paper. And some folks like to sell their Staples gift card online.
You can use AMEX gift cards like a credit card at most places. Costco only accepts AMEX cards (until April 1, 2016) so you could use your gift card there or exchange it for cash with someone who has a Costco membership.
2. $25 Off $100 at Expedia
The coupon code will be sent to you via text message when you enter your mobile phone number. Then use the Expedia app to book a participating hotel (Marriott hotels are excluded) and enter your coupon code at check-out.
You must redeem your coupon by June 30, 2015, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time for travel through June 30, 2015.
Other Important Terms
- 1 coupon code per account per booking
- Can NOT be combined with other offers
- Coupon does NOT count towards taxes, fees charged by suppliers, cancellation or change fees, or other miscellaneous charges
3. Earn Up to 6,000 Starwood Points (Targeted)Loyalty Lobby writes, some folks can earn 5,000 to 6,000 Starwood points when they complete 3 to 5 stays at Starwood hotels. Check the registration page to see if you qualify.
I’ll earn 1,000 Starwood points per stay (up to 5,000 Starwood points) when I register by July 10, 2015, and check-out by August 31, 2015, but your offer may be different!
Some folks will earn 2,000 Starwood points per stay for up to 6,000 Starwood points. You should be able to stack this offer with other current Starwood promotions.Note: You must book your stay through a Starwood website or app. Starwood Preferred Guest hotels include Aloft, Element, Four Points, Le Meridien, Sheraton, St Regis, The Luxury Collection, Westin and W brand hotels.
If you use your Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express card, you’ll also earn 2X points per $1 spent on your stay.
And beginning August 11, 2015, you’ll also get new perks with your card like NO foreign transaction fees and more.
4. Save 25% on Club Carlson Hotels in Latin AmericaOne Mile at a Time writes, you can save 25% on award stays at Club Carlson Hotels in Latin America with promotional code “LATAM25”. Book by July 31, 2015, to get the discount. This sale is good for stays through the end of 2015.
Qualifying hotels seem to automatically show the discount, so the promotional code “LATAM25“, may just be for phone reservations.
5. 1,000 Points per Stay at Best Western HotelsLoyalty Traveler reports, you can earn 1,000 Best Western points each time you stay at Best Western hotels through September 7, 2015. To earn the bonus points, be sure to register by the end of the promotion.
There is NO limit to the number of points you can earn!
Other Important Terms:
- You’ll earn points for stays you completed before you register (But it’s best to sign-up now so you don’t forget!)
- Your earning preference must be set to points to earn the bonus.
Check the FAQ page for the full list of participating countries. And for more about this promotion.
Let me know if you plan to take part in 1 of these deals!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)