Announcing the new 100,000-point bonus with the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card!
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
A bonus that size can easily get you hundreds of dollars in free travel at otherwise expensive hotels and resorts. We estimate Marriott points value to be around 0.9 cents each. That means you shouldn’t have trouble squeezing $900 in value from this bonus alone. Plus, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card has a number of valuable ongoing perks that can save you money.
You’ll receive benefits like up to $300 in annual statement credits and a free night certificate after each account anniversary to use at participating Marriott hotels that cost up to 50,000 points per night. Read our full Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex review for the full details.
Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex Credit Card increased offer
Through April 8, 2020, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card offers a 100,000-point intro bonus after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening.
You’ll also receive:
- 6 Marriott points per dollar spent on Marriott purchases
- 3 Marriott points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 Marriott points per dollar spent on everything else
- Annual free night award each year on your card anniversary, valid at participating locations costing up to 50,000 points
- Free Gold elite status (upgrades when available, 25% bonus points)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit
- Priority Pass lounge access membership
- 15 elite night credits every year
- $300 statement credit for Marriott purchases every year (room rate, incidentals, etc.)
- Terms Apply
The card comes with a reasonably steep $450 annual fee (see rates & fees), but Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant annual fee can easily be offset by the above perks. The annual free night alone can be worth more than $450. For example, the AC Hotel by Marriott Nashville Downtown occasionally costs $450+ per night, but you can reserve it with the annual certificate that comes with this card.
Are you eligible?
During the application, Amex will have a pop-up window that will tell you if you’re ineligible to earn the bonus based on a variety of factors. But you definitely won’t be eligible for this card’s bonus if you have or have ever had the Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card or it’s previous version (Amex Starwood Luxury Card).
You also aren’t eligible for the intro bonus if you’ve had any of the following cards in the past 90 days or have earned a welcome bonus or upgrade bonus from any of these cards in the past 24 months:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Premier Card
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Business
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
To stay up to date with the latest offers, and to find exceptionally high bonuses like this delivered to your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)