Hot deal: $50 off JetBlue flights, including Thanksgiving and Christmas travel
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
JetBlue is one of our absolute favorite airlines. It’s well-known for extra legroom, free Wi-Fi and live TV. If you live in or near a city JetBlue serves, here’s a great way to save a noteworthy chunk of change on holiday flights.
Their latest promo will discount your flights by $50. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use promo code HOLIDAYS before you search (or just click here)
- Book your flights by September 30, 2020
- Valid for travel between November 19, 2020, and January 5, 2021
- Only valid for nonstop flights
- You must spend at least $125 one-way (not counting taxes and fees)
- Discount applies to base fare
Look at those travel dates! This is excellent news for flights over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even New Year. There is a limit of one code per booking. So to get the most from this deal, you’ll want to book one-way tickets (unless your one-way is less than $125).
While JetBlue award flights are directly tied to the cash value of your flight, this discount unfortunately does not apply to award flights. You’ll pay the same amount of points as if your fare was not discounted. JetBlue Vacations packages and Mint fares also don’t qualify for a discount, and neither do partner/codeshare flights.
Also note that if you’ve booked a JetBlue flight already, you won’t be able to retroactively use this promo for a discount. To see the discount. you’ll have to first select your desired flights. You’ll then see the discounted fare at the bottom right of the flight’s page.
Still, this is a fantastic deal if you’re booking holiday flights between cities JetBlue serves. A $100 discount per round-trip is fantastic, especially since airlines don’t normally discount airfare around the holiday.
Earn JetBlue points for free flights whenever you want
There are plenty of ways to earn JetBlue points for free flights so you don’t have to rely on sporadic promotions for discounted travel. JetBlue has two cobranded credit cards (JetBlue Card JetBlue Plus Card), neither of which makes our list of the top airline credit cards.
However, JetBlue is a transfer partner of all five transferable points currencies:
- Amex Membership Rewards points – 5:4 transfer ratio
- Chase Ultimate Rewards – 1:1 transfer ratio
- Citi ThankYou Points – 1:1 transfer ratio
- Capital One miles – 4:3 transfer ratio
- Marriott points – 3:1 transfer ratio
In other words, the best credit cards for earning JetBlue points aren’t airline credit cards at all. Here are the best cards for earning JetBlue points quickly:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: Earn 60,000 Chase points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card: Earn 100,000 Chase points after spending $15,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- American Express® Gold Card: Earn 60,000 Amex points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first six months of account opening
JetBlue points are worth ~1.4 cents each toward flights with JetBlue. So earning the Chase Sapphire Preferred 80,000-point bonus would instantly give you $1,120 in JetBlue flights! And unlike this promo, you can use those points for free Mint seats (JetBlue’s lie-flat business class flights — the best domestic business class in the U.S.).
Let us know if you jump on this deal! And subscribe to our newsletter for more airline promos delivered to your inbox once per day.
Featured photo by EQRoy/Shutterstock
Chase Sapphire Preferred® CardAPPLY NOW
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)