Still available – 140,000 points with this best-ever IHG credit card bonus
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full advertising policy: How we make money.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
Currently, the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card has an all-time-high 140,000-point bonus, which you can earn after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. This offer has been around since January, but won’t stick around forever. So if you’ve been wanting this hotel credit card, now is the time to apply.
New 140,000-point IHG credit card offer
The IHG Premier credit card has the following benefits:
- 10x IHG points at IHG hotels
- 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- One point per dollar on everything else
- Platinum IHG status for as long as you have the card (late checkout when available, complimentary upgrades (subject to availability), a welcome amenity and a 50% bonus on the base points you earn)
- Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide (worth up to 40,000 points)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit of up to $100 every four years
- Reward night when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- 20% discount when you purchase points with the card
- No foreign transaction fees
The card has an $89 annual fee. The IHG Rewards card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so you won’t qualify if you’ve opened five or more credit cards from any bank (not including certain small business cards) in the past 24 months.
Last year, IHG announced it had plans to introduce variable pricing for award nights and since then the most expensive award nights have gone up to 100,000 points per night. However, right now only a few hotels are actually charging that much. Almost all locations cost 10,000-70,000 points, so there are plenty of ways to make the most out of this card’s bonus.
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Peter Moulton/Shutterstock.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)