Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
If you’ve been considering the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, your procrastination has paid off. The card has an all-time-high 140,000-point bonus, which you can earn after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening.
New 140,000-point IHG credit card offer
The IHG Premier credit card has the following benefits:
- 2 IHG points per dollar spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1 IHG point per dollar on everything else
- Platinum IHG status for as long as you have the card (late checkout when available, complimentary upgrades (subject to availability), a welcome amenity, and a 50% bonus on the base points you earn)
- Reward Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide (worth up to 40,000 points)
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit of up to $100 every four years
- Reward night when you redeem points for any stay of four or more nights
- 20% discount when you purchase points with the card
- No foreign transaction fees
The card has an $89 annual fee. The IHG Rewards card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so you won’t qualify if you’ve opened five or more credit cards from any bank (not including certain small business cards) in the past 24 months.
Last year, IHG announced it had plans to introduce variable pricing for award nights and since then the most expensive award nights have gone up to 100,000 points per night. However, right now only a few hotels are actually charging that much. Almost all locations cost 10,000-70,000 points and you can find big discounts on IHG’s PointBreaks list which is a quarterly list of locations with award nights for only 5,000-15,000 a night.
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Peter Moulton/Shutterstock.