Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
The original version of the Hyatt Diamond Challenge was discontinued in November 2014. It was replaced with a new version that was only open to folks selected by Hyatt.
But now according to The Trip Sherpa, the Hyatt Diamond Challenge is open to everyone!
I’ll explain the benefits of Hyatt Diamond status and how the challenge works!
What’s Hyatt Diamond Status?
With Hyatt Diamond status you get:
- 30% bonus on points earned for stays
- Best room available on arrival (excluding suites)
- Free premium internet
- Lounge access with free breakfast and evening appetizers (free full breakfast at Hyatt hotels without lounges)
- 4 suite upgrades (up to 7 consecutive nights each) per year
- Late check-out at 4:00 pm upon request
- 2 one-time use United Airlines lounge club passes each year
And we used 1 of our suite upgrades for a spacious room at the Grand Hyatt Kauai.
How Do You Complete the Hyatt Diamond Challenge?
To enroll in the Hyatt Diamond Challenge, call Hyatt at 800-228-3360.
You’ll then have 60 days to stay 12 nights at Hyatt hotels to earn Hyatt Diamond status through February 2017. That’s much better than the 25 stays or 50 nights you’d need if you didn’t take the Challenge.
With the old Hyatt Diamond Challenge you received Diamond status while you were working towards your 12 nights. But now you only get Hyatt Platinum status:
- 15% bonus points when you stay at Hyatt
- Preferred room (higher floor or larger room)
- Free premium internet
- Late check-out at 2:00 pm upon request
And if you only complete 6 nights of the challenge you get to keep the Platinum status. You’ll also earn 1,000 Hyatt bonus points for your 1st 6 nights.
Note: You get Platinum status for free if you have the Chase Hyatt card. So cardholders should only do the challenge if they know they’ll stay 12 Hyatt nights in 60 days to earn Diamond status.
The new Hyatt Diamond Status Challenge is now open to everyone. To sign-up call Hyatt at 800-228-3360.
Hyatt Diamond status is 1 of the best hotel perks available! I love having free full breakfasts and 4 suite upgrades each year. So if you stay at Hyatt hotels frequently, this is a terrific deal!