Last Day to Earn Instant Elite Status, a Free Weekend Night and 130,000 Points With The Increased Hilton Credit Card Offers
Signing up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Here’s our full Advertising Policy.
Update: One or more card offers in this post are no longer available. Check our Hot Deals for the latest offers.
INSIDER SECRET: When you have any level of Hilton status, you get the fifth night free on award stays, and you get complimentary Hilton status with any Amex Hilton credit card.
You only have until August 28, 2019, to apply for the increased offers for the following Amex Hilton credit cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – 90,000 Hilton points after spending $2,000 in the first three months of account opening
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card – 130,000 Hilton points & a free weekend night after spending $4,000 in the first four months of account opening (formerly the Hilton Ascend card)
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – 130,000 Hilton points & a free weekend night after spending $5,000 in the first four months of account opening
The information for the Hilton Honors Business card has been collected independently by Million Mile Secrets. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
These increased bonuses aren’t the highest we’ve seen in terms of the bonus point you can earn. Both the Hilton Business card and the Surpass (formerly the Ascend) card have had 150,000-point bonuses in the past and the Hilton Honors card has had a bonus of 100,000 points before. But when you consider how valuable the free weekend night is, the welcome offers for the Hilton Surpass and Hilton Business cards are easily the most valuable offers we’ve ever seen for those cards. And because Amex only lets you earn an intro offer on a card once per lifetime you’ll always want to apply when the deals are at an all-time best, so I wouldn’t hesitate to jump on these deals.
Even though the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express doesn’t have an increased offer it still lays claim to the biggest intro bonus for any Hilton credit card — a 150,000-point bonus you can earn after spending $4,000 in the first three months of account opening. The Hilton Aspire card is also stacked with benefits, like a free weekend night when you open the card and every year you renew. To learn more, take a look at out our Hilton Aspire review for all the details on how to turn this card’s bonus and perks into $2,500+ in travel benefits the first year.
Increased Hilton Credit Card Offers
There is no longer an official Hilton award chart, so check the “Points Explorer” to get an idea of what a stay at a specific hotel will cost. With any Hilton credit card you’ll get automatic Hilton status — Silver to Diamond depending on the card. This status will get you increasingly valuable perks as you climb the tiers, but one thing all Hilton status levels get is the 5th night free on award stays, which is a great way to increase your Hilton points’ value.
Hilton hotels vary in price from 5,000 points per night to 95,000 points per night and there is even at least one location where standard award nights start at 120,000 points. Our guide on how to earn Hilton Honors points can help you stock up on Hilton points and be sure you’re always making the best use of the Hilton points you already have.
Also, Hilton’s free weekend night awards can be much easier to use than that free nights you earn with other cards because they aren’t capped to a certain points limit or hotel category. You can use your free weekend night as long as the hotel has a standard room available and it’s a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. And there are only ~40 all-inclusive and “distinctive” Hilton properties where your free weekend night can’t be used (they also can’t be used at Hampton hotels in China).
1. Hilton Card
Apply for the Amex Hilton card
Read our Hilton credit card review
In addition to the 90,000-point bonus, the Amex Hilton card comes with the following perks:
- 7x Hilton points per $1 spent at any Hilton portfolio hotel or resort
- 5x Hilton points per $1 at US restaurants, US supermarkets and US gas stations
- 3x Hilton points per $1 spent on everything else
- Complimentary Hilton Silver status
- Hilton Gold status for spending $20,000 on eligible purchases with your card in a calendar year
- No annual fee (see rates and fees)
- No foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees)
- Terms apply
2. Hilton Surpass Card
Read our Hilton Surpass review
Apply for the Amex Hilton Surpass card
The Amex Hilton Surpass card (renamed from the Hilton Ascend card) has more than just a 130,000-point welcome bonus and a free weekend night, you’ll also get to use the following perks:
- 12x Hilton points per $1 spent at a Hilton hotel or resort
- 6x Hilton points per $1 of eligible purchases at US restaurants, US supermarkets, and US gas stations
- 3x Hilton points for all other eligible purchases on your card
- complimentary Hilton Gold status
- Hilton Diamond status for spending $40,000 on eligible purchases with your card in a calendar year
- One weekend night free after you spend $15,000 on purchases in a calendar year
- 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in a complimentary Priority Pass Select membership
- No foreign transaction fees (see rates and fees)
- Terms apply
The Hilton Surpass card has a $95 annual fee (see rates and fees). Also, if you’ve had the Hilton Ascend card in the past, you won’t be eligible for the Hilton Surpass card welcome offer.
3. Hilton Business Card
In addition to the new offer of 130,000 Hilton points and a free weekend night after spending $5,000 in the first 4 months of account opening, the Hilton Business card has the following perks:
- 12X Hilton points at Hilton hotels and resorts
- 6X Hilton points on select business & travel purchases (including wireless phone services from US providers, US restaurants, US gas stations, car rentals, and more)
- 3X Hilton points everywhere else
- Complimentary Hilton Gold status (late checkout, free breakfast at Hilton hotels, complimentary upgrades, 80% bonus on all the Hilton base points you earn)
- Hilton Diamond status after you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year (you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year)
- A weekend night after spending $15,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year
- A 2nd weekend night after spending an additional $45,000 in purchases on your card in the same calendar year ($60,000 in total)
- Priority Pass™ Select membership with 10 free visits each year (enrollment required). Each guest you bring costs an additional free visit
- Terms & limitations apply
The Hilton Business card has a $95 annual fee, but with this new offer you have an opportunity to earn up to 3 free weekend nights the first year.
For the latest tips and tricks on traveling big without spending a fortune, please subscribe to the Million Mile Secrets daily email newsletter.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Surpass Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Hilton Amex Card, please click here.
Editorial Note: We're the Million Mile Secrets team. And we're proud of our content, opinions and analysis, and of our reader's comments. These haven’t been reviewed, approved or endorsed by any of the airlines, hotels, or credit card issuers which we often write about. And that’s just how we like it! :)